Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

SW credit card on Hertz rental earns 600 RR for 1-2 days?

Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Am I correct that if I use the SW CC on Hertz, I earn the following RR points:
Hertz600 (1-2 day rentals), 1,200 (3-6 day rentals), 2,400 (7+ day rentals)

Just paying for Hertz will earn me that many points? Anyone experienced with it - how long will it take to see the points?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by sciconf
Am I correct that if I use the SW CC on Hertz, I earn the following RR points:
Hertz600 (1-2 day rentals), 1,200 (3-6 day rentals), 2,400 (7+ day rentals)

Just paying for Hertz will earn me that many points? Anyone experienced with it - how long will it take to see the points?
The RR points you're talking about have nothing to do with the credit card you use. These are a flat rate and based on how many days you rent the car. If you look at the fine print you will see that there is a surcharge that might be a couple bucks a day. Maybe more, maybe less. It's been a while so I can't really remember. It's different for every car rental company.

As far as how long it takes, who knows. I've gotten them in as little as a week and other times I've had to call multiple times only to get them 2 months later. It's not worth it IMO.

If you use a RR credit card you will get points for that. Those points are based solely on the amount you charge.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Oct 22, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
The RR points you're talking about have nothing to do with the credit card you use. These are a flat rate and based on how many days you rent the car. If you look at the fine print you will see that there is a surcharge that might be a couple bucks a day. Maybe more, maybe less. It's been a while so I can't really remember. It's different for every car rental company.

So this 600pts is in-lieu of earning Hertz points - am I correct? No Hertz points but RR?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:53 pm

Yep, it's just like electing to take airline miles in lieu of hotel points at some chains. Be prepared to follow up - in my experience, rental points rarely post automatically or easily. Can't remember about Hertz specifically, just know it was almost always a hassle..
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
The first 600 such Southwest points earned are Companion-Pass-qualifying. Anything over that are just redeemable.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:39 pm

If you use a RR credit card you will get points for that. Those points are based solely on the amount you charge.

At a rate of 2 points per dollar with RR partners, on the full amount including taxes.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by rove312
At a rate of 2 points per dollar with RR partners, on the full amount including taxes.
Don't quote me but i believe it's on everything including taxes.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sciconf
So this 600pts is in-lieu of earning Hertz points - am I correct? No Hertz points but RR?
Correct
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by synergistic
Be prepared to follow up - in my experience, rental points rarely post automatically or easily. Can't remember about Hertz specifically, just know it was almost always a hassle..
I have had better luck-I have not had Hertz points fail to post from Hertz. I believe they typically post on a Tuesday within a week or 2 after the rental
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by synergistic
Yep, it's just like electing to take airline miles in lieu of hotel points at some chains. Be prepared to follow up - in my experience, rental points rarely post automatically or easily. Can't remember about Hertz specifically, just know it was almost always a hassle..
Since the beginning of RR2.0 (and even before then with RR1.0) I have never had a problem collecting RR points from Hertz (when choosing to do so). Other rental car companies have had issues for me every now and then, but not Hertz.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:30 pm

Mayhaps the frustrating experiences I had were all with other agencies, and I've just let those color all my recollections.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.