FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Good thing I paid for early boarding :D (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1990105-good-thing-i-paid-early-boarding-d.html)

SJWarrior Oct 5, 2019 6:35 am

Good thing I paid for early boarding :D

Booked last minute to IND, so I bought EB.

41 of us total on the flight. :D
plus there’s another flight that leaves to IND in like fifteen minutes.
last time I had a flight this empty I was flying into a snowstorm to Jersey.

any clue to the light load on this Saturday morning nonstop?

dmbolp Oct 5, 2019 6:52 am

Why EB with last minute?

Departure airport?

My guess is, multiple early morning positioning flights that need to get planes somewhere else where there is demand

NoStressHere Oct 5, 2019 7:13 am

The real question is >>>

Did you run into people saving seats for others?

SJWarrior Oct 5, 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 31596036)
Why EB with last minute?

Departure airport?

My guess is, multiple early morning positioning flights that need to get planes somewhere else where there is demand

TPA
I wasn’t going to be able to check in right at T-24

and at least there were no seat savers lol

and it was the third flight of the day to Indy

darrenpb Oct 6, 2019 10:03 am

My latest flight on Southwest a couple of weeks ago was also half empty. I decided that it was Karma for Southwest removing their Map search "Where can I fly cheaply" feature.

737MAX8 Oct 7, 2019 9:12 pm

Slowest day of the week in the morning in October. What is the surprise?

SJWarrior Oct 8, 2019 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by 737MAX8 (Post 31604047)
Slowest day of the week in the morning in October. What is the surprise?

41 passengers was the surprise. I fly twice a usually three times a month. Mostly AA or WN depending on the route, and I rarely see an open plane. I think between thanksgiving and Christmas are even slower periods. But I have not seen a load like this in a very long time. I was just surprised.

Kevin AA Oct 9, 2019 3:32 am

One time I was on a WN flight that had about 10 people on it. But that's because it was LAS to ONT on a Friday night. Presumably the plane is full going the other direction.

Peoriaman1 Oct 9, 2019 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Kevin AA (Post 31608435)
LAS to ONT on a Friday night. Presumably the plane is full going the other direction.

And I-15 is packed with cars heading up to Vegas for the weekend. Like in the Cheryl Crow song.

EdV Nov 7, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 31596076)
The real question is >>>

Did you run into people saving seats for others?

Ha so true. They're the worst.....

Cledaybuck Nov 7, 2019 11:25 am

Originally Posted by EdV (Post 31711539)
Ha so true. Their the worst.....

Either them or people who don't know the difference between their, there, and they're. :D

EdV Nov 7, 2019 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 31712042)
Either them or people who don't know the difference between their, there, and they're. :D

OMG - you're right. I wasn't paying attention to the auto correct. Thanks for pointing out my error. I will await many lashings.

But yes, they're indeed the worst in my opinion.

toomanybooks Nov 7, 2019 12:43 pm

“Among,” not “between.”

MSPeconomist Nov 7, 2019 12:51 pm

Let's not forget the ones who don't know the difference between "between" and "among".

synergistic Nov 7, 2019 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 31712357)
“Among,” not “between.”

Why not between? It's been a long time since grammar lessons, but I thought between was fine to use anytime you actually specified each of the options.