WN FA photographs, insults passenger online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
WN FA photographs, insults passenger online

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...rt/3852213002/

This idiot employee, who clearly knows nothing of proper customer service or his place in the world or in the company hierarchy, should be fired on the spot. Case closed, the end.

Same deal if he insulted a Bernie Bro.

Who trains these jokers?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
He did not say he failed to give "proper customer service", but instead posted what many would consider a tongue in cheek comment on the shirt -

quote: "...Someone did NOT get my most Positively Outrageous Service today on my flight".

And, even though he made that statement, one can not assume he even gave less than GREAT service.

Too bad too many people take this stuff so serious and want to fire people for just sharing comments with friends. Yes, identifying himself as a SW employee was a lack of judgement. And posting online was a lapse in judgement. If having lack of judgement was a reason for getting fired, there are some folks we may know that would have been fired a long time ago.
samwise6222 and pinkibone like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
He did not say he failed to give "proper customer service", but instead posted what many would consider a tongue in cheek comment on the shirt -

quote: "...Someone did NOT get my most Positively Outrageous Service today on my flight".

And, even though he made that statement, one can not assume he even gave less than GREAT service.

Too bad too many people take this stuff so serious and want to fire people for just sharing comments with friends. Yes, identifying himself as a SW employee was a lack of judgement. And posting online was a lapse in judgement. If having lack of judgement was a reason for getting fired, there are some folks we may know that would have been fired a long time ago.
How can I put this nicely?

You are wrong.

If I had an employee like this, he’d be gone instantly. You DO NOT EVER insult your customers, especially when you are some low-end nobody whose political opinion is completely worthless anyway.

Ever. Ever. You keep your trap shut and do your job.
Rd3, PlaneJane1, FindAWay and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
It's too bad I can only "Like" @toomanybooks ' post but once.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
especially when you are some low-end nobody
...and this is how you refer to others? How ironic. Are we to assume that you consider yourself a high-end somebody and thus superior to others? SMH.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by NoStressHere

Nope. The employee has questionable judgement and has admitted to providing less than the standard corporate customer service policy based on an albet controversial political belief.

This is no different than an employee discriminating on a passenger wearing a "Trans Rights ARE HUMAN RIGHTS!" shirt or "Black Live MATTER!". The secondary responsibility of FA are to look after the passanger not to base service on political judgements.
MSPeconomist, swaluvr and trooper like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
How can I put this nicely?

You are wrong.

If I had an employee like this, he’d be gone instantly. You DO NOT EVER insult your customers, especially when you are some low-end nobody whose political opinion is completely worthless anyway.

Ever. Ever. You keep your trap shut and do your job.
Well, the guy's hat did say 'suck it up buttercup'.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
From what I can read - he did not DIRECTLY insult the customer or even say anything negative to the customer. Nor do we know if he did or did not treat the customer less than normal. We only know the comment he posted on his Facebook to friends. Comments that most people dealing with the public might joke about in private.

He posted a picture. 100% Wrong.
He added some smart ... comments. Wrong.

Meanwhile:

And, if any employee of mine ever called someone a "low-end nobody" - I guess I would have to fire him immediately.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:15 pm

I think the larger transgression is posting a passengers picture. Comments or opinions aside, that is a big no no.

I guess inclusion and hospitality is a one way street for some.

Im sure it will be handled internally with Southwest and not publicized
joshua362 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Last quote in the article: "You can’t just go out and lash out at people, just because that’s the way you feel, at your job. Even as a human being you shouldn’t do that. You should have a little bit of compassion.''
Oh, the irony.

But seriously, don't post stuff about your customers.
TXJeepGuy, kitakizmo and ursine1 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Funny, because these sky waitresses freak out when you take a picture of your seat/the cabin for an online review/your collection.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not see what was posted - just the shirt/outfit or the actual customer. Both are wrong - but doing the customer is a serious no-no.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:25 pm

Obviously what the FA did was wrong, for multiple reasons. I'm certain he will face discipline from Southwest. End of story.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
IME people who wear political opinions on their chests, hats, wherever are generally looking to spark dialogue and invite reaction. Now everyone flying economy deserves the same (low) level of customer service regardless of what they wear. But they are clearly gunning for reaction +/- when they wear this stuff.
swaluvr, TXJeepGuy and ursine1 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
But they are clearly gunning for reaction +/- when they wear this stuff.
+1

Boraxo and kennycrudup like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.