Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Dead] Free changes for SFO through September 26

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:26 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

You may be able to buy a cheap fare and move it to better date or time or to OAK or SJC:

Based on the runway construction scheduled through Thursday, September 26, at San Francisco (SFO), our scheduled service may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled).

Customers who are holding reservations to/from/through San Francisco from September 7 through September 26, and want to alter their travel plans may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge. As an additional option for their itinerary change, Customers may choose alternate Bay Area airports, Oakland or San Jose, for flexibility.
B747SP and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:05 pm

This is a very generous waiver. I was able to book the cheapest flights from/to SFO in the time window, and move the flights to SJC with early October departure dates. Saved me over 20k points comparing to booking ex-SJC on the desired dates directly.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Better hurry since the SFO runway repairs are ending tonight, eight days early!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Tanic
Better hurry since the SFO runway repairs are ending tonight, eight days early!
Red free change bar is still showing in the app this morning.

Edit: It was gone when I checked again on September 22.

Last edited by nsx; Sep 23, 2019 at 1:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.