FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Southwest iOS app and BP not on lock screen - July App Update (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1982954-southwest-ios-app-bp-not-lock-screen-july-app-update.html)

MacGuruTX Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am

Southwest iOS app and BP not on lock screen - July App Update

Since the last SW app update 6.7.2, I think, my Boarding Passes will no longer show up on my lock screen. Might have been after iOS 12.4.

Fails at MDW, BWI, and LAS in the last 3 weeks.

Confirmed location settings are allowed and even tried a phone reboot. Apple Maps shows me at the airports, so I know it’s not because my phone is “lost”.

anyone else noticed this? Doesn’t seem to be an actual bug report submission link for the app.

Nirvana91 Aug 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by MacGuruTX (Post 31415739)
Since the last SW app update 6.7.2, I think, my Boarding Passes will no longer show up on my lock screen. Might have been after iOS 12.4.

Fails at MDW, BWI, and LAS in the last 3 weeks.

Confirmed location settings are allowed and even tried a phone reboot. Apple Maps shows me at the airports, so I know it’s not because my phone is “lost”.

anyone else noticed this? Doesn’t seem to be an actual bug report submission link for the app.

I'm assuming you've checked this already, but did your settings somehow get switched after the update?

Settings > Notifications > Southwest > Allow Notifications > Lock Screen

If your settings are correct then yeah, it's gotta be a bug.

ursine1 Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

My understanding from another forum is that this is a known issue that should be corrected in the next update.

LegalTender Aug 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Could be..
  • The Suggest on Lock Screen feature is turned off for that pass
  • SWA doesn’t support the Wallet feature
Screencap and save BP to photos. Code works as long as the PNR is active. Screenshot album is probably quicker.

alggag Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm

My phone just updated to 6.8.1 and the description is mostly about redesigned and updated mobile boarding passes.

MacGuruTX Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1 (Post 31416586)
My understanding from another forum is that this is a known issue that should be corrected in the next update.

which forum is that? Interestingly I used the web form for an RR complaint and they claimed the mobile technology team didn’t know anything about it 🙄

was looking to build it’s not just me and go back to them

@Nirvana91 - yes that was the first thing I checked.

@LegalTender - wallet feature is and has been supported for some time. Thus the context of my post, that there had been a change with the last update. It’s actually quicker then other methods because you don’t have to unlock your phone. Just swipe in the pass and it will show.

Gator11 Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Here is where I found it:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...p/93874/page/2

MacGuruTX Aug 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Excellent!

I used the link in my reply back to SW cust service that maybe they need to check in with Mark on the problem they told me didn’t exist. I should just make sure I had the latest updates to my phone. <sigh>

ursine1 Aug 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Gator11 (Post 31416945)

What he said. ;)

steved5480 Aug 14, 2019 7:53 pm

FYI--- The just pushed out an update for the Android app this afternoon. No visible changes and of course no details as to what the update was intended to accomplish. I don't have a simple way to see if there was also an Apple update.

dmbolp Aug 14, 2019 7:57 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ed8d401c74.png

tusphotog Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm

This has worked once for me on my iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and iPhone X. I don’t know what the problem is, but it worked on one trip a few months ago. Strangely, it stopped working on Alaska BPs as well about the same time it worked on my WN app.

Even stranger, if I fly AA, I am able to access the BP from the lock screen just fine, so it shouldn’t be an app setting since everything is configured the same. It works great on my wife’s phone, a fact that she constantly reminds me of.

MacGuruTX Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 31417677)
This has worked once for me on my iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and iPhone X. I don’t know what the problem is, but it worked on one trip a few months ago. Strangely, it stopped working on Alaska BPs as well about the same time it worked on my WN app.

Even stranger, if I fly AA, I am able to access the BP from the lock screen just fine, so it shouldn’t be an app setting since everything is configured the same. It works great on my wife’s phone, a fact that she constantly reminds me of.

It takes code in the Application to tell it to use the boarding pass feature.
1) For Boarding notifications you need to go to Settings --> Notfications --> Southwest and turn on allow notifications
2) Also Under Notifications --> Wallet; make sure you have enabled here as well.

Then to confirm everything is right with an actual pass; once loading it to a wallet go to the pass:

See attached screenshots

If you see those enabled, then it should be working.
One other caveat I've seen is if the phone is "lost", meaning you open Apple Maps and your location is somewhere other then the airport you expect to be at, then the geofence for the BP isn't triggered. This was a problem when they first released the feature because they had the airport lat/longs in there wrong.

So 6.7.2 version definitely wasn't working. I flew yesterday before the 6.8.4 update posted, so will try again next week.

MacGuruTX Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a6b0d9049f.jpg

Juanefny Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm

I think this is an ios issue with the current os version. I have been flying DL lately and it will often not show on the lock screen until I reboot the phone...