Flight delayed from MDW-LAS

Old Jul 5, 19, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Flight delayed from MDW-LAS

Hi all,

My sister that her flight is delayed at MDW, but she wait for 4 hours. Her flight number WN1814 from MDW-LAS. So what's going on there? Can they change earlier flight to get back home to Vegas.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Hi all,

My sister that her flight is delayed at MDW, but she wait for 4 hours. Her flight number WN1814 from MDW-LAS. So what's going on there? Can they change earlier flight to get back home to Vegas.
It seems unlikely that anybody on this message board is going to have any additional information regarding why the flight is delayed. According to Flight Aware the earlier flight 1814 FLL-MDW landed on time, but who knows why MDW-LAS is delayed by that long...

She probably could have switched to the 4:35pm (flight 3630) but as of right now (4:30pm Central) that flight is already boarding, so unless she happened to get on it already she's probably not going to be able to make that work. She'll probably have to stick it out at this point.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:34 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Nirvana91 View Post
It seems unlikely that anybody on this message board is going to have any additional information regarding why the flight is delayed. According to Flight Aware the earlier flight 1814 FLL-MDW landed on time, but who knows why MDW-LAS is delayed by that long...

She probably could have switched to the 4:35pm (flight 3630) but as of right now (4:30pm Central) that flight is already boarding, so unless she happened to get on it already she's probably not going to be able to make that work. She'll probably have to stick it out at this point.
Totally agree that it would be rare that somebody here can find anymore information than the OP can find. I would assume someone with 33,000 posts on Flyertalk would be aware of resources to find alternate flights, etc.
Old Jul 5, 19, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Hi all,

Hopefully they were re-booked on WN 3630, which left an hour before WN 1814 eventually pushed back. No apparent weather issues at MDW.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
I would would assume someone with 33,000 posts on Flyertalk would be aware of resources to find alternate flights, etc.
Scotty doesn't deserve that.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Actually, they got on the flight and her FLT#1814 to LAS. They are on the flight now.
Old Jul 5, 19, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by LegalTender View Post
Hopefully they were re-booked on WN 3630, which left an hour before WN 1814 eventually pushed back. No apparent weather issues at MDW.

Scotty doesn't deserve that.
Did not mean to show any disrespect... well.. just... surprising....

Last edited by NoStressHere; Jul 6, 19 at 7:53 am Reason: ​​​​​​​Edited to change respect to disrespect.... what a dummy (me).
Old Jul 5, 19, 6:51 pm

Did not mean to show any respect... well.. just... surprising....
And no respect was shown.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 9:20 pm

Did not mean to show any respect.
You succeeded.
Old Jul 5, 19, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Actually, her flight was delayed for 4 hours. Due to mechanical problem. They stuck in MDW and I just talk to her. She told me that her flight is delayed for almost 4 hours.
Old Jul 6, 19, 7:53 am

Did not mean to show any disrespect... well.. just... surprising....

Edited to change respect to disrespect.... what a dummy (me).
Old Jul 6, 19, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For the benefit of others, the best place to obtain information about flight delays is from someone on the ground at the delay point, e.g. MDW.

It is also largely irrelevant unless an overnight is involved. Better to devote one's energies to finding a reroute.