FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Flight delayed from MDW-LAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1976916-flight-delayed-mdw-las.html)

N830MH Jul 5, 2019 2:53 pm

Flight delayed from MDW-LAS

Hi all,

My sister that her flight is delayed at MDW, but she wait for 4 hours. Her flight number WN1814 from MDW-LAS. So what's going on there? Can they change earlier flight to get back home to Vegas.

Nirvana91 Jul 5, 2019 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 31273230)
Hi all,

My sister that her flight is delayed at MDW, but she wait for 4 hours. Her flight number WN1814 from MDW-LAS. So what's going on there? Can they change earlier flight to get back home to Vegas.

It seems unlikely that anybody on this message board is going to have any additional information regarding why the flight is delayed. According to Flight Aware the earlier flight 1814 FLL-MDW landed on time, but who knows why MDW-LAS is delayed by that long...

She probably could have switched to the 4:35pm (flight 3630) but as of right now (4:30pm Central) that flight is already boarding, so unless she happened to get on it already she's probably not going to be able to make that work. She'll probably have to stick it out at this point.

NoStressHere Jul 5, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nirvana91 (Post 31273325)
It seems unlikely that anybody on this message board is going to have any additional information regarding why the flight is delayed. According to Flight Aware the earlier flight 1814 FLL-MDW landed on time, but who knows why MDW-LAS is delayed by that long...

She probably could have switched to the 4:35pm (flight 3630) but as of right now (4:30pm Central) that flight is already boarding, so unless she happened to get on it already she's probably not going to be able to make that work. She'll probably have to stick it out at this point.

Totally agree that it would be rare that somebody here can find anymore information than the OP can find. I would assume someone with 33,000 posts on Flyertalk would be aware of resources to find alternate flights, etc.

LegalTender Jul 5, 2019 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 31273230)
Hi all,

Hopefully they were re-booked on WN 3630, which left an hour before WN 1814 eventually pushed back. No apparent weather issues at MDW.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 31273337)
I would would assume someone with 33,000 posts on Flyertalk would be aware of resources to find alternate flights, etc.

Scotty doesn't deserve that.

N830MH Jul 5, 2019 5:52 pm

Actually, they got on the flight and her FLT#1814 to LAS. They are on the flight now.

NoStressHere Jul 5, 2019 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender (Post 31273549)
Hopefully they were re-booked on WN 3630, which left an hour before WN 1814 eventually pushed back. No apparent weather issues at MDW.

Scotty doesn't deserve that.

Did not mean to show any disrespect... well.. just... surprising....

LegalTender Jul 5, 2019 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 31273721)
Did not mean to show any respect... well.. just... surprising....

And no respect was shown.

smmrfld Jul 5, 2019 9:20 pm

Did not mean to show any respect.

You succeeded.

N830MH Jul 5, 2019 11:42 pm

Actually, her flight was delayed for 4 hours. Due to mechanical problem. They stuck in MDW and I just talk to her. She told me that her flight is delayed for almost 4 hours.

NoStressHere Jul 6, 2019 7:53 am

Did not mean to show any disrespect... well.. just... surprising....

Edited to change respect to disrespect.... what a dummy (me).

Often1 Jul 6, 2019 9:20 am

For the benefit of others, the best place to obtain information about flight delays is from someone on the ground at the delay point, e.g. MDW.

It is also largely irrelevant unless an overnight is involved. Better to devote one's energies to finding a reroute.