Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The terms say if you've had this business card before you're aren't eligible. So if you had a different Southwest business card that existed two years ago, that shouldn't disqualify you.

Meanwhile, what's this "should be" under 5/24? It costs nothing to figure it out for sure: Go to www.creditkarma.com, sign up for a free account, and using TU and/or EQ data at CK you can look at all your open and closed cards and count the ones which were opened less than 24 months ago. That count (or the equivalent from EX) is what Chase uses, so why not count it the way Chase does?

And this 80K offer might end 10/16 (it says it's good through that date), so you shouldn't take too long to decide in case you don't get datapoints. But did you read through this whole thread to see if there were already datapoints?

I am not worried about getting approved for the card. I will check but I am pretty certain we are under 5/24. If we are 3/24 i'd be shocked. We haven't received any credit card bonuses in over 24 months so I know we are good there. I wasn't sure about the 30+20k bonus for checking and savings. The checking/savings bonus offer is highly targeted and not available to the public and she just received this bonus this month. I will probably apply for this card prior to 10/16 with the intention of getting the 80k points deposited in 2020 calendar year. So will wait on making the $5000 purchases. Thx.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The terms say if you've had this business card before you're aren't eligible. So if you had a different Southwest business card that existed two years ago, that shouldn't disqualify you.

Meanwhile, what's this "should be" under 5/24? It costs nothing to figure it out for sure: Go to www.creditkarma.com, sign up for a free account, and using TU and/or EQ data at CK you can look at all your open and closed cards and count the ones which were opened less than 24 months ago. That count (or the equivalent from EX) is what Chase uses, so why not count it the way Chase does?

And this 80K offer might end 10/16 (it says it's good through that date), so you shouldn't take too long to decide in case you don't get datapoints. But did you read through this whole thread to see if there were already datapoints?
Not sure if this is true for Business -- at least for Personal; if you had ANY of the cards that earned bonus within the past 24 months, you cannot qualify for another bonus for 24 months. We tried. We got the California CP in Nov 2017 on the Premier. Tried getting Plus last month -- Nope. Denied. Then Priority - Nope. Denied too. Oh well, gotta go spend 35k by year's end.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
There have been many reports that the 24 month thing does not apply to the newer 80k card. Actually, 24 month does apply, but since the card just came out this year, nobody has had it that long. The wording for that card (and only that card) seems to be a bit different.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by montreid
Not sure if this is true for Business -- at least for Personal; if you had ANY of the cards that earned bonus within the past 24 months, you cannot qualify for another bonus for 24 months. We tried. We got the California CP in Nov 2017 on the Premier. Tried getting Plus last month -- Nope. Denied. Then Priority - Nope. Denied too. Oh well, gotta go spend 35k by year's end.
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
There have been many reports that the 24 month thing does not apply to the newer 80k card. Actually, 24 month does apply, but since the card just came out this year, nobody has had it that long. The wording for that card (and only that card) seems to be a bit different.
So what's the best plan for getting the additional points aside from spend? Assuming one gets the bonus posted in January, apply now for this card plus another SW card? Or wait a few months to apply for the 2nd card?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
So what's the best plan for getting the additional points aside from spend? Assuming one gets the bonus posted in January, apply now for this card plus another SW card? Or wait a few months to apply for the 2nd card?
Depends on your situation.

Lots of points already this year and okay to get just CP for late 2019 and all of 2020.
Or trying get it all in 2020 for up to two years.

Some will get one card, and add to WN flights and spend.
Some do two cards and get most points for sign up bonus.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:59 am

I plan on spending $4900 on the card AFTER my December 2019 statement cuts, whenever that may be. And then on Jan 1 beginning the process of of spending $25,100 to complete the required 110,000 SW points necessary to get the pass as early in 2020 as possible. Does this formula work so as to avoid spending the minimum $5k in 2019 and triggering the 80k bonus before Jan 1?

If I were to choose to go the Biz + personal route, what do people suggest to apply for first, and if applying for both, is that to be done on the same day?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:46 am

Thanks. Going for 2020-2021 CP. I'm 2/24 so should be ok on that front. I guess the primary reason to wait would be to meet the spend reqs on the 2nd card. So the gist is.. apply late as possible prior to 10/16 for this, meet spend req late Dec or early Jan, 80k posts in 2020, go for 2nd card bonus (or spend), right now it looks like best route is Plus card 60k, $69 AF, $5k spend.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I plan on spending $4900 on the card AFTER my December 2019 statement cuts, whenever that may be. And then on Jan 1 beginning the process of of spending $25,100 to complete the required 110,000 SW points necessary to get the pass as early in 2020 as possible. Does this formula work so as to avoid spending the minimum $5k in 2019 and triggering the 80k bonus before Jan 1?

If I were to choose to go the Biz + personal route, what do people suggest to apply for first, and if applying for both, is that to be done on the same day?

Business card first as it doesn't effect 5/24 and is usually harder to get

Card timing depends on when your first companion flight would be, for example our first flight using our new CP ( my wife's expires 12/31/19) is 4/17/2019 so I am not in that big of a hurry so I'll get the Business card later this week (to get the 80K offer) and complete the spend in January. Then I'll get the personal card in January and complete the spend at least a week or so before the February statement closes to get CP by March
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be getting the second card in November. Spend $100 or so on it to make sure it is working fine, then balance of spend after December statement.

I do not see any reason to wait until Jan to get the 2nd card. Maybe some rule will change, or bonus goes away, or have trouble getting the card, etc.

Or - Murphy comes along and we want to take a trip in late January.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I will be getting the second card in November. Spend $100 or so on it to make sure it is working fine, then balance of spend after December statement.

I do not see any reason to wait until Jan to get the 2nd card. Maybe some rule will change, or bonus goes away, or have trouble getting the card, etc.

Or - Murphy comes along and we want to take a trip in late January.

I won't even use the card until my December statement cuts, there has been more than one report over the years of fraud causing a bonus to post in the wrong year and messing up CP timing.

We vacation about 6 weeks a year and plan them all well in advance ( many are already booked as we don't fly WN exclusively) so a trip won't pop up, any emergency would probably be a solo flight where I would want a NS so WN would not be my airline of choice, in that case so I would open the 7 figure AA "VAULT" LOL

Last edited by flyer4512; Oct 7, 2019 at 9:14 pm
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by montreid

You should be good to go for the new ( or any business card if you haven't received the bonus in 24 months) business card, certainly worth a shot before spending $35K for a year of CP..................Take that spend to the AA churn,

You also said "we" did you both the the California CP card ? If not you could do what me and my wife do, one gets CP every 2 years, my wife;s expires 12/31/2019
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The 60k offer on the personal card ends on 10/16/19. I would not wait past that date to apply for the Priority card in case the 80k offer ends on the same date.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: WN
my wife earned CP in may 2018 after posting 50K on a regular personal card in march 18 and 60K on a business premier in april 18

i just signed up myself for the Performance Business and am looking for something else to get me the other 30K

can she refer me a personal card from her acct and get some extra points?

is she eligible for Performance Business? (based on they specifically saying within 24 months receiving mno bonus on *this* card) points would be nice tho we really dont *need* 2 CPs simultaneously.

if i get performance biz approved in next few days how soon can i refer her to performance biz and whats that worth?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: WN
Originally Posted by nsx
The 60k offer on the personal card ends on 10/16/19. I would not wait past that date to apply for the Priority card in case the 80k offer ends on the same date.
that "up to" 60K offer ain't all that. only 40K of it is an easy bonus, you need to spend $12K to get that last 20K which is a little better than SW's usual 1.2ish cents per point but not really better than the 2X+ available on other cards
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by jerryfreak
that "up to" 60K offer ain't all that. only 40K of it is an easy bonus, you need to spend $12K to get that last 20K which is a little better than SW's usual 1.2ish cents per point but not really better than the 2X+ available on other cards
You missed the point. I believe he was suggesting that since that offer comes to an end on 10/16, other more valuable offers might possibly come to an end also. At least rhat was my take on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.