Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
so what exactly did they ask and what did you say? Also, how long did all this take to play out?
The letter asked for:

Proof of physical address for business
Proof leg legal name for business

They give the following examples for acceptable documents - articles of incorporation, certificate of formation, IRS EIN/TIN confirmation letter, fictitious business name statement. I obviously don’t have any of those so I called the recon number and said that I received the letter. I said that I wasn’t sure if I should use my driver’s license or something else as proof of the legal business name for a sole proprietor. They put me on hold for 1-2 minutes, came back and said I was approved. In my case I abbreviated my first name in the business name field (think Mike vs Michael) and I’m thinking that might have triggered the application review/letter. So I would suggest for “sole proprietors” to make sure the first and last name of the “business” are an exact match of the name of the person applying! I should say that I have many years of credit history with Chase and made sure to lower the credit lines of my other two Chase cards by $10k before applying. I’ve read some real nail-biter stories on the internet but I called later in the day and got an Indian call center and they seemed pretty lax FWIW.

Last edited by Dunbar; Aug 16, 2019 at 9:05 pm
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Dunbar

The letter asked for:

Proof of physical address for business
Proof leg legal name for business

They give the following examples for acceptable documents - articles of incorporation, certificate of formation, IRS EIN/TIN confirmation letter, fictitious business name statement. I obviously don’t have any of those so I called the recon number and said that I received the letter. I said that I wasn’t sure if I should use my driver’s license or something else as proof of the legal business name for a sole proprietor. They put me on hold for 1-2 minutes, came back and said I was approved. In my case I abbreviated my first name in the business name field (think Mike vs Michael) and I’m thinking that might have triggered the application review/letter. So I would suggest for “sole proprietors” to make sure the first and last name of the “business” are an exact match of the name of the person applying! I should say that I have many years of credit history with Chase and made sure to lower the credit lines of my other two Chase cards by $10k before applying. I’ve read some real nail-biter stories on the internet but I called later in the day and got an Indian call center and they seemed pretty lax FWIW.
Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to be trying this myself but hoping for instant approval. However, if I need to call, I'd rather call a foreign call center than one here in the states.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
I think you're confused. This is directly from the Southwest Performance card application landing page:

Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines®purchases.*

Southwest Airlines and Southwest Hotels are two different things. However, booking through Southwest Hotels will earn you extra points that aren't shown on your credit card statement.
From the asterisked OFFER DETAILS:

3 points: You’ll earn 3 points for each $1 spent on purchases made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, and Southwest Vacations® package purchases, and at participating Rapid Rewards® hotel and rental car partners.
Southwest Hotels is a Rapid Rewards hotel partner.

Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I plan to get this card and time the bonus to be credited in Jan so I can qualify for 2 years of CP.

Question for people who have acquired the CP in the past using CC bonuses:
1. Do we have any data points that the CC bonus points earned from the card are Companion Pass Qualifying Points?
2. When would be the best time to apply for this card so that the 80K hits the account in Jan? The current offer is open till 10/16.
3. To bridge the difference from 80K to 110K, would it be ok to transfer/convert 60K Marriott Bonvoy points to 25K RR points? That would leave me with only an additional $5K spend

Any thoughts?

Last edited by crazyhorse; Sep 26, 2019 at 4:02 pm
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I plan to get this card and time the bonus to be credited in Jan so I can qualify for 2 years of CP.

1. Do we have any data points that the *)K bonus points earned from the card are Companion Pass Qualifying Points?
2. When would be the best time to apply for this card so that the 80K hits the account in Jan? The current offer is open till 10/16.
3. To bridge the difference from 80K to 110K, would it be ok to transfer/convert 60K Marriott Bonvoy points to 25K RR points? That would leave me with only an additional $5K spend

Any thoughts?
#3 does not work. Points transferred from a hotel program are not companion pass qualifying.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

1. Do we have any data points that the *)K bonus points earned from the card are Companion Pass Qualifying Points?

1 - Do not know what *)K points are.

3 - As to when to apply, after October 1st... or maybe a few days later. Since you do not want to get the 80k until Jan 1 or later, just watch your spending. But, make sure not only spend it, but that the merchant PROCESSES the payment prior to the 90 day mark. If you buy something on Dec 26, but it does not hit your credit card until a day after the 90 day mark, TOUGH LUCK.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
1 - Do not know what *)K points are.
Typo sorry. I meant to say "Do we have any data points that the CC bonus points earned from the card are Companion Pass Qualifying Points?"

3 - As to when to apply, after October 1st... or maybe a few days later. Since you do not want to get the 80k until Jan 1 or later, just watch your spending. But, make sure not only spend it, but that the merchant PROCESSES the payment prior to the 90 day mark. If you buy something on Dec 26, but it does not hit your credit card until a day after the 90 day mark, TOUGH LUCK.
I have a large purchase (Home owners and auto insurance premiums totaling approx $5k) coming up. So I need to make sure remain UNDER $5K spend until after 1/1/20. Would applying on or around 10/10 work? I have never applied for a Business Card with Chase before but I do have a rental property which I can state is why I need it. Also a 15+ year relationship with Chase.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
#3 does not work. Points transferred from a hotel program are not companion pass qualifying.
I thought that was limited to the Marriott Air+Hotel Travel Packages and the straight up transfers were OK. Is that no longer allowed?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
The Marriott thing ended a year or so ago. Was a great deal, but gone.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typo sorry. I meant to say "Do we have any data points that the CC bonus points earned from the card are Companion Pass Qualifying Points?"....
Bonus points covers a wide range. Please be more specific. If you are talking about the sign up bonus, then yes.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:58 am

Bonus points covers a wide range. Please be more specific. If you are talking about the sign up bonus, then yes.
All credit card points, including bonus points, are Companion Pass Qualifying.

I've posted this before, but here's a great reference: 2019 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2020 Status
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
All credit card points, including bonus points, are Companion Pass Qualifying.

I've posted this before, but here's a great reference: 2019 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2020 Status
Thanks! This is a great reference. I didn't know WN would be so helpful in calling out all the various activities. This does complicate things for me since the Marriott/SPG transfer that yielded 25K is gone. I'll have to chart a path to getting the additional ~30K for the CP. I last had it back in 2015 (earned the hard way - by flying) and wanted to see if I could use it for HI sometime in the next couple of years.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:40 pm

Thanks! This is a great reference. I didn't know WN would be so helpful in calling out all the various activities. This does complicate things for me since the Marriott/SPG transfer that yielded 25K is gone. I'll have to chart a path to getting the additional ~30K for the CP. I last had it back in 2015 (earned the hard way - by flying) and wanted to see if I could use it for HI sometime in the next couple of years.
Since it sounds like you are applying for the business card, you could also apply for a personal card if you are not a current cardholder, haven't received the bonus in at least 2 years, and have less than 5 new credit cards opened in the last 24 months.
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:55 pm

I just applied and got approved, which really surprised me, because I already have another business card under the same business name. I also realized that 90 days from today will put me around Christmas, hence I might miss out on the whole year of a companion pass.

Does anyone have an experience with timing of points posted that close to the year's end? I feel like by the time the post-90 days statement closes, it will already be 2020.

Your replies are greatly appreciated
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Libra7474
I just applied and got approved, which really surprised me, because I already have another business card under the same business name. I also realized that 90 days from today will put me around Christmas, hence I might miss out on the whole year of a companion pass.

Does anyone have an experience with timing of points posted that close to the year's end? I feel like by the time the post-90 days statement closes, it will already be 2020.

Your replies are greatly appreciated
There have been some reports of them being very close to the 90 days from approval. And some that say it is closer to 110.

You of course do not want to miss the 80k, but at the same time, you do not want to miss getting the 80k early in 2020 vs 2019. I would watch your spending and try to get hit after your December statement, but before you hit the 90 day mark.

You are caught between a rock and a hard place as they say. Though reports of anyone (Chase or WN) giving anyone a break, you MIGHT be able to say the card did not arrive until sometime in October, therefo not giving you 90 days. Do not activate or use if for a week or so in to October - maybe, just maybe.....
Stgermainparis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.