Wiki Posts
Search

Anniversary Pts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Anniversary Pts

My 2 Sw cc's have anniversary dates of 10/10 and 10/15. AF charged 11/1

Southwest's current promo has bonus points if points deposited by 10/31. Is there any chance my anniversary points will post by 10/31? If i change my statement end dates to say the 20th of month would that help? Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by crabapplemcn

Southwest's current promo has bonus points if points deposited by 10/31. Is there any chance my anniversary points will post by 10/31? If i change my statement end dates to say the 20th of month would that help? Thanks
And a related question... would THOSE points even count towards the promo anyways?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:31 am
Original Poster

From what I understand they would, they code as cc spend, but not 100%
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:46 pm

Looking at last year, my anniversary points posted 3 days after my account closing dates on both cards (biz & personal). I'm not sure if that changes if you adjust the account closing date, or if it keeps the same annual schedule. That would be a good question for Chase.

Anniversary points are not specifically excluded from the promo.

Sign up bonus points from a new card are specifically excluded from the promo, but they actually did count for threshold and bonus calculation with the last version of this promo.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by crabapplemcn

where I can find information about this promo^?
thanks
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by gomelkiev
where I can find information about this promo^?
thanks
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1972503-chase-spend-promotion-june-2019-southwest.html
gomelkiev likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Your anniversary points will post on the next statement after your anniversary had taken place. What's important here is to realize when your statement end date is. If the next statement ends in November, obviously that won't work. Changing your statement end date to the 20th like you suggested should work. While you can't change the statement end date directly, you can change it indirectly by changing your payment due date. The payment due date is usually 3 days before the previous statement end date. So in this case, changing your payment due date to the 17th of the month would change your statement end date to the 20th.

I would also caution you about waiting too long to change this. Sometimes changing a payment due date will result in a longer billing cycle. For example, if you were to wait till late September to do this, it's possible you're next statement end date would be in November and would defeat the whole purpose of doing this to begin with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.