FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Sofas, lounge chairs, work tables at LAX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1973926-sofas-lounge-chairs-work-tables-lax.html)

nsx Jun 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Sofas, lounge chairs, work tables at LAX

At gates 13 and 15 are 8 lounge chairs, 4 sofas, and 4 large work tables. They carry the brand of the furniture store which must have paid to place them there. The work tables have power outlets. This is a great addition to T1.

Dunbar Jun 14, 2019 4:41 pm

I believe the sign said that the couches were provided by Living Spaces. I wish we could get a Priority Pass lounge in terminal 1 although I have no idea where they would put it...

Tanic Jun 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dunbar (Post 31203776)
I believe the sign said that the couches were provided by Living Spaces. I wish we could get a Priority Pass lounge in terminal 1 although I have no idea where they would put it...

US had a club in LAX T1 near old Gate 2 (now Gate 12) IIRC.

aquanine Jun 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dunbar (Post 31203776)

As nice as a lounge would be, I'm happy enough with Rock and Brews being covered by Priority Pass.

smmrfld Jun 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine (Post 31203884)
As nice as a lounge would be, I'm happy enough with Rock and Brews being covered by Priority Pass.

Don’t get used to it. That PP benefit goes away in August.

LegalTender Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine (Post 31203884)

You'll need a PriorityPass card NOT issued through a third party. Amex is dropping "non-lounge' benefits.

The affected cards are The Platinum Card® from American Express, the American Express Centurion, the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card, the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. The change kicks in on Aug. 1, 2019.

nsx Jun 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 31204323)
Don’t get used to it. That PP benefit goes away in August.

Only for PP via Amex. PP via Chase Sapphire Reserve will continue, for now. Some devaluation of their benefit seems almost certain though.

Dunbar Jun 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic (Post 31203870)
US had a club in LAX T1 near old Gate 2 (now Gate 12) IIRC.

I have a pretty good lay of the new terminal 1 and I just can’t think of any open space big enough to put a lounge. Maybe that will change if terminal 0 comes to fruition.

While Rock & Brews is better than nothing it’s not somewhere I’d want to spend 90+ minutes waiting for a delayed flight.