Early bird and price change

Old Jun 13, 19, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Early bird and price change

I purchased flights in Dec. for myself and my 9 year old daughter. I wanted to make sure we got a seat together so we paid for early bird.
1. If the price of the flight goes down, can I change the flight, get the travel fund and still keep the early bird?

2. If flight goes down in price again, can I get additional travel fund or is there a limit to the number of times you can change a reservation
Old Jun 13, 19, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to mention, it was a wanna get away fare.
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:31 pm

As long as you "change" and not cancel the Early Bird will carry over. However there has been reports of if you refare your place in Early Bird changes also. Example buy airfare on June 1st (when schedule releases) and purchases EBCI. You refare 3 times including 3 weeks before flight. Those that purchase on June 2nd and never refared would have a higher boarding position that you. Not that it makes that big of a difference normally but just a thought.
katmarie21 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:32 pm

No limit on how many times you refare.
katmarie21 and lougord99 like this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 9:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Save your $. Check in at T-24. You'll get seats together.
Old Jun 18, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: WN A+, CP, HH Diamond, National EE
It is only from reading this Flyer Talk Forum that I am even aware that you can re-fare your ticket if the price goes down. Like most of us, I normally travel on business and am not really concerned about the price. Last year, I flew ONT to FLL on New Year's Day for pleasure, on points. I booked the flight on the day it became available for around 19,700 points.

This year, I did the same thing, only it was in excess of 27,200 points. Hmm, I guess I'll keep an eye on the price. It's only a couple weeks later, and I've already re-booked 5 times, lowering the cost, so far, to 19,300 points, less than last year.

Thanks Flyer Talk!
Old Jun 21, 19, 1:35 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday View Post
It is only from reading this Flyer Talk Forum that I am even aware that you can re-fare your ticket if the price goes down. Like most of us, I normally travel on business and am not really concerned about the price. Last year, I flew ONT to FLL on New Year's Day for pleasure, on points. I booked the flight on the day it became available for around 19,700 points.

This year, I did the same thing, only it was in excess of 27,200 points. Hmm, I guess I'll keep an eye on the price. It's only a couple weeks later, and I've already re-booked 5 times, lowering the cost, so far, to 19,300 points, less than last year.

Thanks Flyer Talk!
I check all my flights at least twice a week. I just re-fares and got $45 in credits. Two weeks ago, I got $65 on a $140 fare!!.