Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Sale is live now] Plan for Southwest's anniversary sale starting tonight, June 3-4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Sale is live now] Plan for Southwest's anniversary sale starting tonight, June 3-4

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by nsx
The low fares are not being offered at all times of day Mondays and Thursdays. A-listers can book a late flight and fly standby earlier, but regular customers (who are limited to flying up to 2 hours later using the flat tire rule) will be displeased with their options.

I cannot recall a Southwest sale when I had to book so many alternate times to what I expect to fly. Most markets don't have all the flight time choices we have within California.
I had this exact impression when booking our weekly trips.

In the past, the sale fares would be available on almost every Wednesday and Saturday flight.

This time there were several times I had to select a later flight than usual and resort to going standby on a flight we would prefer.

Indeed, there were some really surprising fares sprinkled among the sale fares. For example, WTG fares 2 1/2 times the sale fare on a Wednesday flight for no apparent reason. Perhaps the flight was already booked by a large group? Just something I have never seen before (except around holidays).
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:19 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dlaue
For example, WTG fares 2 1/2 times the sale fare on a Wednesday flight for no apparent reason.
Typo. The G should have been F.

dlaue likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:56 pm

It seems to me the WGA buckets and especially the low fare ones have been significantly reduced. Last evening I made about 40 reservations and although I got the flights I wanted the fares were not always the lowest and many flights showed all WGA fares sold out.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Most MSP flights at advertised price were either first or last out. I picked up a single $49 flight for a Chicago weekend and another planned trip defaulted to Delta with both a lower price and nonstops.

Exploring my options the real win here seems to be hidden city ticketing, just use points as revenue tickets won't earn points if not flown.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Interestingly, I had prices go down for several flights I was looking at around Christmas, which is not supposed to be part of the sale.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:12 am

That may be their best, or only, bet to fill up the Max fleet when they get back in the air. If the Max is cleared to fly by August, this could be a brilliant move to fill them up this Fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.