Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest flight options from OGG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Southwest flight options from OGG

I'll be getting off a cruise in and flying from HNL back to California. I'm trying to see if there are flights from OGG to somewhere other than CA (further inland) to lessen the time on the trip back to the east coast. Right now the option I've been scoping is HNL to OAK or SJC and then stay a night before taking another flight the next morning. If OGG flights go elsewhere, I'd be interested to find out where. I have been searching but have come up empty. Please let me know of other alternatives you may have used it thought of.

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
You could fly Hawaiian straight to out of HNL to JFK or BOS - the OGG-HNL hop is nothing a d the Hawaiian east coast flights take you there overnight to arrive early morning
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flsusi
You could fly Hawaiian straight to out of HNL to JFK or BOS - the OGG-HNL hop is nothing a d the Hawaiian east coast flights take you there overnight to arrive early morning
I should've mentioned there are four of us and we're trying to make the most of companion pass.

Thanks for the tip on Hawaiian airlines.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:43 pm

OGG is also just OAK or SJC
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for confirming.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by eiloo

I should've mentioned there are four of us and we're trying to make the most of companion pass.

Thanks for the tip on Hawaiian airlines.
Hawaiian air has a 700 r/t promotion. Might be a better deal then WN if you have one companion pass. Maybe not us you have 2
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lewisc
Hawaiian air has a 700 r/t promotion. Might be a better deal then WN if you have one companion pass. Maybe not us you have 2
Yes, definitely do a sanity check with google flights before setting yourself up with expensive flights and overnight stays just to use your companion pass on Southwest. We won't be flying WN to Maui anytime soon...I can go direct from LAX on desired dates for $414, or have a 9 hour trip through Oakland for $1026/2 = $513.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:36 am

I got a Companion Pass through the credit card promotion earlier this year. I was thinking of using it for a trip to Hawaii. The schedules and fares from the east coast didn't work for me, even with one flight free.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

I did also check Google flights to see options outside of WN. Cheapest for my time is $1300pp. Whereas with WN we're saving almost $500pp which includes the companion pass discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.