Reward Credit Card

Old May 26, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT
Thanks for the info. I am planning to book a flight on SW here real soon so if I apply today for the card how long is the normal process before I can actually use the card if I get approved? I'd like to use it for this trip along with another one we plan on booking soon too.
Usually it takes about 7-8 days to receive your card. I don't know if there's any way to use it without actually having the physical card in hand.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
I understand and that is why I'm wondering how long before I can use the card. I will have a hard time spending $4K in the first 90 days so if I can book this trip using the card it will help me greatly at getting closer to the $4K I have to spend.
You do realize that's only $1,333 per month? Unless you're living at home and have no bills to pay, it's kind of hard for me to imagine not being able to meet the minimum spend.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Do you still get the 25% more using the chase portal if having to call to do the booking? If I convert the chase points to SW rewards won't I lose the 25%? The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards the sapphire card.
I see no reason why you should be booking Southwest through the Chase portal (I see why it could be useful to others).
Old May 29, 2019, 12:06 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Just got a notice from my local federal credit union (Navy Federal) with a offer for one of their cards. 3X points on travel, 2X points on everything else. 50,000 bonus points after spending $4000 in the first 90 days. Receive statement credit (up to $100) for Global Entry or TSA Pre Check. $0 annual fee for the first year and $49 annual fee applies thereafter. How does this look compared to the Sapphire Preferred?
What can you do with those 50k points? Transfer them to airline miles or hotel points? Redeem them for cash fares at 1.25 or 1.5 cents per point? Or are they worth $500 max?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.