Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMC theaters A List members can get free RR points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Figured I'd post this here in case any of you guys happen to be members of AMC Theaters A List program (coincidentally named movie ticket subscription plan, has nothing to do with WN A List). This doesn't yield many points, but it literally doesn't cost anything if you're already an AMC A List member.

Fandango is a rapid rewards shopping partner, earning half a point per dollar spent. If you're an AMC A List member and you link your AMC account to Fandango, you can book your allotted free A List tickets through Fandango for no charge (just like if you went directly through AMC). I use Fandango for my A List tickets in general, but I recently decided to play around and click through the RR shopping portal to Fandango before getting my free movie tickets, and was surprised to find that even though I spent literally zero dollars, I received RR points based on the dollar amount that my tickets would have cost if I hadn't used A List to get them for free. A Dolby show in my area costs around $22 per ticket, so when I make an A List reservation for one on Fandango through the Southwest portal, I'd spend $0 and get 11 rapid rewards points. For people who use all three movies per week, depending on the price of tickets at your local theater, going through the portal could earn ~130 rapid rewards points per month without any actual spend.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Nice

Nice find OP.
Will try it out and see if I get the same experience.
I'll report back.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'm at work so I can't log into Fandango - but when you earn RR points does it not accure Fandango VIP+ points? The latter is $5 off a movie every 4 tickets purchased, which is free money with A-List since, like you, I can book with either the AMC app or Fandango app.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gig103
I'm at work so I can't log into Fandango - but when you earn RR points does it not accure Fandango VIP+ points? The latter is $5 off a movie every 4 tickets purchased, which is free money with A-List since, like you, I can book with either the AMC app or Fandango app.
I successfully stacked eBates (1%) with the Fandango points last week. I assume that it would be the same across all shopping portals.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gig103
Going through the RR portal had no impact on my Fandango VIP points, I accrued those like usual.

​​​​​​The VIP points and $5 credit are the whole reason I use Fandango. I prefer the AMC app, but the $5 credits are so handy for when I bring along friends or fam. I browse on the AMC app, book through Fandango, the ticket auto populates in the AMC app and I use that for my mobile ticket.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by mdword
Going through the RR portal had no impact on my Fandango VIP points, I accrued those like usual.

​​​​​​The VIP points and $5 credit are the whole reason I use Fandango. I prefer the AMC app, but the $5 credits are so handy for when I bring along friends or fam. I browse on the AMC app, book through Fandango, the ticket auto populates in the AMC app and I use that for my mobile ticket.
I agree about Fandango being not as great but worth it for the extra points

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I successfully stacked eBates (1%) with the Fandango points last week. I assume that it would be the same across all shopping portals.
Thanks to both of you for ideas! 1% Ebates, or 1.6cpm for RR. I'll have to decide which I want more
mrkymark and mdword like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.