Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paternity Leave A-List Hold

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Paternity Leave A-List Hold

I know other airlines will do a paternity leave status hold, but I haven’t seen anything regarding WN. FWIW I’ve been A-List for several years, previously a companion pass holder and have the Southwest Priority card. Not sure if any of that gets factored in but just giving the whole picture. I’m at 10 segments for the year but we just had our 2nd and 3rd (as in twins!) so I’ll be on a serious travel ban for some time and unlikely to requalify this year. Any anecdotal or concrete evidence for them granting this? Thank you for any information you can share.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Why would you be on a "serious travel ban"? I have several friends that were still frequent fliers pretty quick post birth of their children.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:55 pm

To my knowledge, Southwest has no such policy. While it may be worth reaching out to Customer Relations directly, I suspect you'll be disappointed with their response.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
What did you end up doing OP? I'm in a similar situation (although only one kid). I called today about a status challenge, but the posted terms only allow that for elites on other airlines. I'd think keeping us would be as important as getting new business ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.