FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Chase portal not showing SW flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1969665-chase-portal-not-showing-sw-flights.html)

tin369 May 14, 2019 8:29 am

Chase portal not showing SW flights?

Hi,

Trying to book our first SW flight from PHL to MCO and on the chase portal SW flight are not listed. Since they are partners I thought it would show up under the portal. I read somewhere that if I transfer points over to SW, when booking I wont earn the RR?
The flights are for travel days May 26th - May 31st, but the fares are really high, compared to frontier, not sure if SW at higher fare is worth it? Any reason why we should pick SW?
We are travelling with kids 5 and and infant so how does the boarding work on SW? should I buy a ticket for the infant child?

taseas May 14, 2019 8:36 am

Originally Posted by tin369 (Post 31099991)
Hi,

Trying to book our first SW flight from PHL to MCO and on the chase portal SW flight are not listed. Since they are partners I thought it would show up under the portal. I read somewhere that if I transfer points over to SW, when booking I wont earn the RR?
The flights are for travel days May 26th - May 31st, but the fares are really high, compared to frontier, not sure if SW at higher fare is worth it? Any reason why we should pick SW?
We are travelling with kids 5 and and infant so how does the boarding work on SW? should I buy a ticket for the infant child?

They removed SW flights sometime last year for direct booking with Chase UR points. You can transfer, but as you mention, you don't earn RR for award flights.

rrgg May 14, 2019 9:48 am

Edited: I thought you could call to ticket Southwest, but I guess even that's been removed. Thanks a lot Expedia.

Tanic May 14, 2019 10:15 am

Originally Posted by tin369 (Post 31099991)
Trying to book our first SW flight from PHL to MCO...The flights are for travel days May 26th - May 31st, but the fares are really high, compared to frontier, not sure if SW at higher fare is worth it? Any reason why we should pick SW?

For that city pair, F9 usually has much cheaper fares then WN. Just be aware of the add on fees such as baggage.

tin369 May 14, 2019 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Tanic (Post 31100405)
For that city pair, F9 usually has much cheaper fares then WN. Just be aware of the add on fees such as baggage.

F9 is that frontier? And WN is that southwest.
Adding two bags and seats for the family to sit together brings it close to southwest prices. Also frontier gets delayed.

tin369 May 14, 2019 10:45 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 31100280)
Edited: I thought you could call to ticket Southwest, but I guess even that's been removed. Thanks a lot Expedia.

I was not aware that I could call chase and book SW tickets. I will try that and see if it still works.

taseas May 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by tin369 (Post 31100534)
I was not aware that I could call chase and book SW tickets. I will try that and see if it still works.

From what I understand, that's gone as well.

tin369 May 16, 2019 8:23 am

If I book tickets on SW, and later need to change dates or cancel, can I do without paying any fees? How easy or difficult is the process? can i use the app to make the changes?
Looking to book something in November, but don't see any fares published yet, does anyone know when they start taking reservations for November?

NoStressHere May 16, 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by tin369 (Post 31107553)
If I book tickets on SW, and later need to change dates or cancel, can I do without paying any fees? How easy or difficult is the process? can i use the app to make the changes?
Looking to book something in November, but don't see any fares published yet, does anyone know when they start taking reservations for November?

If you are booking direct with SW (not chase) - you can always change or cancel with Southwest. Easy to do on app or computer, or even call in.
No fees to make changes, but if rates have gone up, you do pay the difference. If they have gone down, you get it back. Most tickets do not REFUND the money, but give you a credit good for up to a year for future flights with Southwest.

rove312 May 16, 2019 9:49 am

Southwest Travel Tools says the schedule will be extended on May 30. If you change flights or dates after booking, there's no change fee but you would need to pay any increase in fare. If you cancel, assuming a Wanna Get Away fare, the funds would be available to be used by the same passenger for travel within a year of booking, and you'd need to keep a record of the confirmation code (same if a changed booking means a lower fare). It's easily enough done on the website, not sure about the app. This is all based on a paid booking on the SWA site, since I don't think you can use Chase Ultimate Rewards for SWA booking, even by phone.

tin369 May 16, 2019 11:22 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 31107816)
If you are booking direct with SW (not chase) - you can always change or cancel with Southwest. Easy to do on app or computer, or even call in.
No fees to make changes, but if rates have gone up, you do pay the difference. If they have gone down, you get it back. Most tickets do not REFUND the money, but give you a credit good for up to a year for future flights with Southwest.

This will be booked directly with SW and upto a year from the date of cancellation correct? Since it's 4 tickets in the family, can the future travel be for someone else or does it have to be for the 4 original travelers?

NextTrip May 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by tin369 (Post 31108182)
This will be booked directly with SW and upto a year from the date of cancellation correct? Since it's 4 tickets in the family, can the future travel be for someone else or does it have to be for the 4 original travelers?

The ticketless travel funds are good for one year from the DATE OF FIRST BOOKING, not date of cancellation. And, they are tied to future travel for originally booked passenger, not someone else.

If the original booking was done with points and then cancelled, the points will go back into the Rapid Rewards account from which they were taken.

langleyoaker May 19, 2019 3:24 pm

According to this blog post you can call Chase once again to book Southwest:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southw...ewards-points/