Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why Rush to a Window Seat if You’re Just Going to Shut the Shade all Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Rush to a Window Seat if You’re Just Going to Shut the Shade all Flight?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I drove thru NE once; for all intents and purposes, it is (... and probably for the reason you've described ).
LOL.

I've done it more than once (glutton for punishment I guess). That is one boring ... drive. 500 miles of corn. Set the cruise control, lock the steering wheel in place, and take a 6 hour nap. Wake up to the same scenery you went to sleep with and STILL be on I-80 in NE.

I imagine KS isn't much different, except perhaps wheat instead of corn.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
The window seat has more leg room-width than the aisle and more shoulder space (no aisle traffic). the center seat has more leg room width than the aisle, but I dont choose the middle seat unless I have to.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:45 am

I was on a flight earlier this week and the last passenger to board the totally full flight took the last middle seat on the plane in my row and immediately asked the person in the window seat to close the shade.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
... took the last middle seat on the plane in my row and immediately asked the person in the window seat to close the shade.
... eh, never hurts to ask IMO.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I was on a flight earlier this week and the last passenger to board the totally full flight took the last middle seat on the plane in my row and immediately asked the person in the window seat to close the shade.
Winner here.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by jb3t

Winner here.
".... off"

-- window seat passenger
copperred likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
".... off"

-- window seat passenger
No need to be rude, angry, or confrontational about it. Just politely say no.

** "Sorry, but I prefer to keep it open."
-- window seat passenger who is not a jerk.
kennycrudup and wrp96 like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by WillCAD
No need to be rude, angry, or confrontational about it.
Not only that, I've seen people in the rows on the other side of me actually comply.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
I sit in window seats a majority of the time, and in most cases will shut the window shade after takeoff and will open it up prior to landing. I do that *just in case* I need to see what is going on outside in case of some type of emergency, but mostly because I definitely enjoy looking outside and seeing the landscape below for those phases of flight.

Inflight though, I'm either sleeping and wanting to lay my head on the wall, or using my iPad and not wanting the glare on the screen. At night though - I keep it open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.