Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Dead] Free changes in August and September (was: free changes in July)

[Dead] Free changes in August and September (was: free changes in July)

Old May 10, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
I would like to belatedly thank all bloggers who read this forum for refraining from posting about this deal. It would have died immediately rather than continuing for a few days as it did, benefiting more people. Well done, everyone.
Well, I also managed to change August flights two weeks ago. So for now, I have flights changed on June, July and August. Went from cheapest to most expensive Sunday Night flights back to super expensive SNA (originally LAX)

Waiting now for August (last week) to September
Old Jun 13, 19, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Well, I also managed to change August flights two weeks ago. So for now, I have flights changed on June, July and August. Went from cheapest to most expensive Sunday Night flights back to super expensive SNA (originally LAX)

Waiting now for August (last week) to September
Your wait is over.
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:55 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Your wait is over.
Thanks, I was not even following WN's calendar or my reservations. After looking at your posst, I immediately started getting my reservations switched to SNA from LAX.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:23 pm

I would like to belatedly thank all bloggers who read this forum for refraining from posting about this deal. It would have died immediately rather than continuing for a few days as it did, benefiting more people. Well done, everyone.
Has anyone heard of any adverse action from Southwest after making obvious changes to different flights?
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:06 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
I no longer see the banner offer for "free" changes to reservations thru 10.01.2019, though the offer was there a few days ago.

A news report indicated that airlines were hoping to have the MAX back in service by the end of August, though the pilots' union is lobbying for simulator training, which would take more time, than the currently-proposed computer-based training.
Old Jun 20, 19, 1:01 pm

The latest round of free changes ended today, June 20, 2019.
Old Jun 29, 19, 12:23 am

Programs: Southwest RR, Chase UR
Talking Its Live Again

Thea deal is live again. I was able to change any flight booked from Sept 2-Sept 30 for free without difference in flight. Able to do this on 2-3 round trips

Assuming this is because they just announced further delays into October due to the Max 8 debacle.

Generally only lasts for 24-72 hours so good luck!
nsx, SAT Lawyer and jmw like this.
Old Jun 29, 19, 1:58 am

Interesting. The last round was announced officially as extending thru Sept. 2, but in reality the system allowed changes thru Oct. 1. Now they've officially announced schedule changes thru Oct. 1 and have opened that period up -- again -- for system wide changes.

As I posted in the main MAX thread, the latest FAA finding would suggest the planes will be grounded thru the end of the year. I wondered if this latest round might include all of October, or even later, since more schedule changes are coming. I just checked and none of my October flights are protected.

FYI, here's the article I referred to above: Boeing 737 Max likely grounded until the end of the year after new problem emerges
Old Jun 29, 19, 8:45 am

Interesting. The last round was announced officially as extending thru Sept. 2, but in reality the system allowed changes thru Oct. 1. Now they've officially announced schedule changes thru Oct. 1 and have opened that period up -- again -- for system wide changes.

As I posted in the main MAX thread, the latest FAA finding would suggest the planes will be grounded thru the end of the year. I wondered if this latest round might include all of October, or even later, since more schedule changes are coming. I just checked and none of my October flights are protected.

FYI, here's the article I referred to above: Boeing 737 Max likely grounded until the end of the year after new problem emerges
I was able to change my October flights using the workaround
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I wonder when Southwest will frown in the towel on the rest of the schedule? I have flights around Christmas I would like to change.
Old Jun 29, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck View Post
I wonder when Southwest will frown in the towel on the rest of the schedule? I have flights around Christmas I would like to change.
I have flights I would like to book, then change.
Old Jun 29, 19, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by nicnac16 View Post
I was able to change my October flights using the workaround
October? That should not be the case.

Has anyone else been able to change October flights? I just double-checked, and my Oct. 9, 16, 22 & 26 flights are not protected. Any change incurs a fare difference.

The Oct. 22nd flight is scheduled to be on a MAX aircraft. Still not protected.
Attached Images   
Old Jun 29, 19, 9:08 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, United Club ex-Lifetime Member
October? That should not be the case.
You can book a September flight and move it to October free, but you can't move an October flight free.
Old Jun 29, 19, 9:17 pm

You can book a September flight and move it to October free, but you can't move an October flight free.
What you can do is move your October flight to a September flight that is the same or cheaper than paid and then in turn use the waiver to change it back to a more favorable day/time in October.
Old Jun 29, 19, 10:38 pm

Ah, that workaround. Gotcha.
Air Houston likes this.

Search this Thread