Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Dead] Free changes in August and September (was: free changes in July)

[Dead] Free changes in August and September (was: free changes in July)

Reply

Old May 10, 19, 11:12 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
I would like to belatedly thank all bloggers who read this forum for refraining from posting about this deal. It would have died immediately rather than continuing for a few days as it did, benefiting more people. Well done, everyone.
Well, I also managed to change August flights two weeks ago. So for now, I have flights changed on June, July and August. Went from cheapest to most expensive Sunday Night flights back to super expensive SNA (originally LAX)

Waiting now for August (last week) to September
carlitos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 19, 10:06 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,346
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Well, I also managed to change August flights two weeks ago. So for now, I have flights changed on June, July and August. Went from cheapest to most expensive Sunday Night flights back to super expensive SNA (originally LAX)

Waiting now for August (last week) to September
Your wait is over.
ursine1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:55 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Your wait is over.
Thanks, I was not even following WN's calendar or my reservations. After looking at your posst, I immediately started getting my reservations switched to SNA from LAX.
ursine1 likes this.
carlitos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:23 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
I would like to belatedly thank all bloggers who read this forum for refraining from posting about this deal. It would have died immediately rather than continuing for a few days as it did, benefiting more people. Well done, everyone.
Has anyone heard of any adverse action from Southwest after making obvious changes to different flights?
johnjagg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:06 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 3,597
I no longer see the banner offer for "free" changes to reservations thru 10.01.2019, though the offer was there a few days ago.

A news report indicated that airlines were hoping to have the MAX back in service by the end of August, though the pilots' union is lobbying for simulator training, which would take more time, than the currently-proposed computer-based training.
mke9499 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 19, 1:01 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,346
The latest round of free changes ended today, June 20, 2019.
ursine1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 12:23 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Western USA
Programs: Southwest RR, Chase UR
Posts: 1
Talking Its Live Again

Thea deal is live again. I was able to change any flight booked from Sept 2-Sept 30 for free without difference in flight. Able to do this on 2-3 round trips

Assuming this is because they just announced further delays into October due to the Max 8 debacle.

Generally only lasts for 24-72 hours so good luck!
nsx, SAT Lawyer and jmw like this.
JGREEN6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 1:58 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,346
Interesting. The last round was announced officially as extending thru Sept. 2, but in reality the system allowed changes thru Oct. 1. Now they've officially announced schedule changes thru Oct. 1 and have opened that period up -- again -- for system wide changes.

As I posted in the main MAX thread, the latest FAA finding would suggest the planes will be grounded thru the end of the year. I wondered if this latest round might include all of October, or even later, since more schedule changes are coming. I just checked and none of my October flights are protected.

FYI, here's the article I referred to above: Boeing 737 Max likely grounded until the end of the year after new problem emerges
ursine1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 8:45 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Interesting. The last round was announced officially as extending thru Sept. 2, but in reality the system allowed changes thru Oct. 1. Now they've officially announced schedule changes thru Oct. 1 and have opened that period up -- again -- for system wide changes.

As I posted in the main MAX thread, the latest FAA finding would suggest the planes will be grounded thru the end of the year. I wondered if this latest round might include all of October, or even later, since more schedule changes are coming. I just checked and none of my October flights are protected.

FYI, here's the article I referred to above: Boeing 737 Max likely grounded until the end of the year after new problem emerges
I was able to change my October flights using the workaround
nicnac16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:58 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DAY
Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Posts: 1,204
I wonder when Southwest will frown in the towel on the rest of the schedule? I have flights around Christmas I would like to change.
Cledaybuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 1:46 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck View Post
I wonder when Southwest will frown in the towel on the rest of the schedule? I have flights around Christmas I would like to change.
I have flights I would like to book, then change.
Critterlynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 6:51 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,346
Originally Posted by nicnac16 View Post
I was able to change my October flights using the workaround
October? That should not be the case.

Has anyone else been able to change October flights? I just double-checked, and my Oct. 9, 16, 22 & 26 flights are not protected. Any change incurs a fare difference.

The Oct. 22nd flight is scheduled to be on a MAX aircraft. Still not protected.
Attached Images   
ursine1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 9:08 pm
  #28  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Posts: 19,453
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
October? That should not be the case.
You can book a September flight and move it to October free, but you can't move an October flight free.
nsx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 9:17 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
You can book a September flight and move it to October free, but you can't move an October flight free.
What you can do is move your October flight to a September flight that is the same or cheaper than paid and then in turn use the waiver to change it back to a more favorable day/time in October.
nicnac16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 10:38 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,346
Ah, that workaround. Gotcha.
Air Houston likes this.
ursine1 is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread