Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there a good search engine for southwest flights?

Old Apr 17, 19, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Are there any resources to easily look for Southwest flights across dates and airports?
There must be, because all the other carriers know exactly when Southwest has a sale and match the prices exactly. And I don't think they sit around waiting for the fare sales announcements.
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:30 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
Are there any resources to easily look for Southwest flights across dates and airports?
There must be, because all the other carriers know exactly when Southwest has a sale and match the prices exactly. And I don't think they sit around waiting for the fare sales announcements.
it s called having personnel monitoring their sales and paying for people and companies to do it for them (AA, DL, UA, etc).

Ohh and NO, you will not find any google flights type of meta searcher that allows you to compare fares for WN and the other airlines. That is what makes WN a beauty and one of my favorite airlines in the world. No change fee and bags fly free, LOL.
Old Apr 18, 19, 7:53 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Yeah. Southwest.com Every single flight and price for Southwest is listed there Seriously though, the answer is no. Although you can find southwest flights listed on google flights (at the bottom), but not the prices.
trooper, camaross and downinit like this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Oh, it is easy enough to make a scraper. Anything you can find by searching can also be found by a bot.

I am pretty sure it is against the terms and service, but wondering how other airlines get it.

Last edited by s0ssos; Apr 18, 19 at 2:07 pm
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:47 am

They do show up on Kiwi.com
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freQ View Post
They do show up on Kiwi.com
Great, thanks!
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:03 pm

On the search I just did on Kiwi for a common Southwest route, Kiwi has different results: one non-stop, and at a higher fare, when SWA shows several. Previously I'd noted that Kiwi can show interline international itineraries with a segment on WN and a long layover. I've wondered if such a booking done on Kiwi would be confirmed in real time, or maybe needed an agent's intervention and possibly the fare increasing.
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:59 am

skiplagged.com shows WN flights too
Old Apr 19, 19, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UA 1P
Flightlookup.com may be helpful for you. It doesn't show fares, but will show flights across multiple airlines, including Southwest.
Old Apr 20, 19, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whistler814 View Post
skiplagged.com shows WN flights too
Originally Posted by CA1900 View Post
Flightlookup.com may be helpful for you. It doesn't show fares, but will show flights across multiple airlines, including Southwest.
Yea, but I want to compare fares, and also search multiple areas. Many airlines' websites will let you search a range (like Bay Area), or you can just punch in the airport codes on itamatrix. But Southwest doesn't let you do that.
I'd also love to see what is non-stop on WN vs connecting, as most of their flights are connecting once you get outside of intra-state flights or a small region.
Old Apr 21, 19, 6:47 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Yea, but I want to compare fares, and also search multiple areas. Many airlines' websites will let you search a range (like Bay Area), or you can just punch in the airport codes on itamatrix. But Southwest doesn't let you do that.
I'd also love to see what is non-stop on WN vs connecting, as most of their flights are connecting once you get outside of intra-state flights or a small region.

I find the WN website will show fares rather easily for where I am flying to. I pick a city and date and bingo - all the fares are right there.
Old Apr 21, 19, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Oh, it is easy enough to make a scraper. Anything you can find by searching can also be found by a bot.

I am pretty sure it is against the terms and service, but wondering how other airlines get it.
Southwest is diligent about shutting down scrapers.

I assume you know about the monthly low-cost fare display at Southwest.com. Wonít do all you want, but will tell you when itís cheapest.
Old Apr 21, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Can I ask a silly question... how does WN get out of having their flights listed on other sites? What makes them special versus other airlines?
Old Apr 21, 19, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Sallycat View Post
Can I ask a silly question... how does WN get out of having their flights listed on other sites? What makes them special versus other airlines?
It is a business model issue.

Long ago the large airlines got together in various groups and created several GDS systems that were designed to make it easy for travel agents (this was before OTA was common) to book flights across carriers. These systems are used by the OTAs to show and book flights.

WN decided to go their own way and not partake. Just like no interlines.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the knowledge! Always wondered and never thought to ask.

Search this Thread