Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight zeroed out. Can I change now?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Flight zeroed out. Can I change now?

My flight and others on a separate PNR is on July 15. The flight is zeroed out now. Can I call to request a no cost change now?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Why not try online first?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

I presume online will not waive fees for change. Other flights are much more expensive.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:16 pm

Multiple people have posted that they've done changes online, seen price differences, yet when they get to the final page to accept there's no additional charge (self included)...try it, just don't go all the way thru it until you see there's no additional charge
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Online attempted change shows 3X original fare for desired flight change.

The question really is does southwest consider a zeroed flight a valid situation for a no cost change.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:09 pm

Sorry for a stupid question, but what does “zeroed out” mean?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Yes, I was wondering what "zeroed out means as well.

And, lots have shared they go in to change flights and when they get to the last page, it has no cost.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NextTrip
Sorry for a stupid question, but what does “zeroed out” mean?
There's no inventory in any of the fare buckets, as in they are all showing zero, and thus no tickets are available for sale. Usually a prelude to a cancellation for a flight that is further out, but is still showing in the schedule.
ursine1 and NextTrip like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
When a flight is SOLD OUT - there is no inventory in any bucket either. So, how do you know it is "zeroed out" vs "sold out"?

So, the real question - is the flight still flying?

Some flights have been "sold out".. and then comes back. Guessing some of these could be flights they were not sure of, and put on "hold" via SOLD OUT - then open it later.

Sometimes, expecially if the flight before of after this one have been cancelled, then your flight would SELL OUT immediately.
TXJeepGuy and roberto99 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

no seats available at any price; but still listed as available.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:30 pm

Can you give us the route, date, or flight # so we can see what it looks like?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by mmthomas44
no seats available at any price; but still listed as available.
It's probably sold out.

But with Amedeaus' Dynamic Availability they may have held seats for later purchase at whatever fare Revenue management chooses. That enables them to focus either on O&D or connections from smaller cities. Stations like LIT and ICT could never have a few within a week full Y fares available if connections were through ATL. I'm not saying that's the case but it could be. Others have noted availability disappearing the day after new schedule launch.

Only chance I;d guess you'd get a change for free is IF the aircraft has been downgraded from an 800 to 700.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Without the specific date and flight information, this is all just speculation. Might even be an error that gets corrected. Please supply the information and you will get good advice.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
There's no inventory in any of the fare buckets, as in they are all showing zero, and thus no tickets are available for sale. Usually a prelude to a cancellation for a flight that is further out, but is still showing in the schedule.
This has been my recent experience-you would be wise to check on it often.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by mmthomas44
My flight and others on a separate PNR is on July 15. The flight is zeroed out now. Can I call to request a no cost change now?
Ok, all my flights for June, even if they are zero out or not (I have 10) are allowing me to make changes without paying difference between the fare I paid and the actual fare for the flight I want to change them to (June 6 to Junes 28). Now, for the 5 flights I already have purchased in July, one of them is zeroed out and the other 4 are not. For those, I do not have the message allowing me to change them 14 days before or after without paying the fare difference. That means WN has not gotten to July yet, with the 737MAX situation, and that means you will not be able to change it for free without incurring in the payment of fare difference. Maybe you will have to wait a couple more days or weeks for that to happen, if it even happens. Just my 0.02 Cents.
ursine1 and Tanic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.