Companion pass question

Old Apr 16, 19, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Companion pass question

My wife has a companion pass- my son is her designated companion. If she were to run out of miles, can I book an awards flight with my miles for her and myself on my account and then still have her add our son as a companion?

I apologize as I believe this question has been asked, but I could not find the answer.
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by bbrook11 View Post
My wife has a companion pass- my son is her designated companion. If she were to run out of miles, can I book an awards flight with my miles for her and myself on my account and then still have her add our son as a companion?

I apologize as I believe this question has been asked, but I could not find the answer.
YES.
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:55 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Though the answer is yes, let me add to it. You are doing two separate things.

Anyone can book a flight for your wife using their miles or their credit card. Does not matter. Had zero to do with companion pass, A List or anything else.

Then, totally separate - once you wife has a reservation, she can add her companion.
roundtree likes this.
Old Apr 16, 19, 1:18 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Does not matter how the CP holder's seat is booked or paid for...as long as their reservation shows up in the CP holder's RR accounts they can add their companion.
Old Apr 16, 19, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by PAX62 View Post
Does not matter how the CP holder's seat is booked or paid for...as long as their reservation shows up in the CP holder's RR accounts they can add their companion.
Unless the cp holder's seat was booked as a companion.
roundtree likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: