Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund Of Points 9/11 Fees Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Refund Of Points 9/11 Fees Question

We book on WN often and always have firm travel plans. We book flights the day they go on sale , add a CP and EBCI. If Prices go down I call and get the points back.

We decided to add a late Vegas trip for Labor day but there is about a 25% chance we won't be able to go so I have a few questions.

As of now I only booked one flight on miles and have yet to add my companion, if I add my companion and the price in miles goes down can I the points refunded online without calling in ? I know when I have EBCI and a companion I have to call. I won't be adding EBCI until our plans are final.

If I have to cancel the flights does the $5.60 fee per seat get stored someplace as a credit for later use ? Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
If the companion has been added, you have to cancel the companion ticket, refare your ticket, and then re add your companion. All of this can be done online. Yes, the $5.60 can be used later. I believe it can be refunded to the original form of payment too.

Last edited by ftnoob; Mar 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm Reason: Thread flow
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I doubt the Friday 8/30 fare to LAS goes any lower as all the WGA fares are sold out. Since that was the case I had to add my CP now as I'm not sure how many Anytime and BS seats are on the flight.

I Imagine Friday night on Labor Day weekend will be a sold out flight.

Last edited by ftnoob; Mar 21, 2019 at 10:50 pm Reason: Thread flow
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:43 am

I do this regularly (other than the EBCI). The $5.60 fee can be refunded or held for future use, your choice, on points bookings. But to re-fare, as cledaybuck mentioned, you have to cancel the companion, re-fare, then rebook CP. If you booked EBCI for the companion, you might have have to call in to refare otherwise you'll lose the EBCI for the CP.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
As to booking EB - I believe the order they are assigned is tied to when they are purchase. So - waiting can impact the number.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
As to booking EB - I believe the order they are assigned is tied to when they are purchase. So - waiting can impact the number.
Yes , EBCI is assigned in the order you purchase ( and also non refundable so can't book it until I'm sure we can go or risk losing $100) but having one EBCI and saving a middle is worth it even if one of us is the last person to board before T- 24.

We have ~ 1 hour layovers in Denver each way so if the incoming flight is late having a seat in ~ row 8 can be big difference in making our connection as opposed to both of us boarding in C and ending up in row ~ 23.

Normally we book all of our flights the day they go on sale and add 2 EBCI so I don't feel guilty about saving a seat this one time, hopefully we can check the other person in at T-24 and they won't be far behind the EBCI person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.