Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any way to gift / thank an FA after the flight?

Old Mar 18, 19, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass

Curious, does anyone know any method within the Southwest structure to send a personal thanks to an FA? On a flight this past Saturday evening ATL-TPA I left a valuable designer bag on the floor in my row. I don't believe it was the last flight of the day, so the sole FA working the front galley is likely the one who found it during clean up and ensured it was recorded as lost. I have to assume there is some method of documentation because I've kind of lost enough faith in humanity to believe that if she had just handed it off to a local employee with a here someone left this, that it would have disappeared at some point in the chain of custody from the plane down to the dregs of baggage lost and found; that must involve numerous random people.

In any case, I file a claim online the following morning when I realize what I had done. TPA WN lost & found never answers the phone, so no help or status there. I decide to drive an hour to the airport mid-afternoon. Lost and found staff person #1 is digging through the inventory not seeing what I'm looking for, but (very) fortunately the person next to him suggests calling a supervisor to check the high value locker. They do that, and what do you know, my bag and all its contents are in there.

I was honestly shocked, I knew it would be long gone, yet there it was. I reached out to WN via web contact form, told them my story, asked if there was any way I could provide a reward to this FA for her integrity and incredible customer service, whether that be check, gift card, donation to her favorite charity, whatever is acceptable by WN policy. I just got a generic email back about thanks for relaying your experience to us, we appreciate it. So I hit up Twitter, they said corporate policy forbids employees accepting gifts, but they'd pass the story on to appropriate management. That definitely left me feeling better than the email folks, if that's the policy, but at least the right employee is found and recognized in theory. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel though, I really feel this person did me a wonderful favor and want to fund some sort of gift / rewards, even if that's a charitable donation on their behalf to get around the employee gift policy. I obviously don't need to know any contact info or even a name, just wish I could do something more than hoping a person on the other end of Twitter gets the story to the right manager, such as a real human in corporate that will handle it personally.

I'll give up on the effort if no ideas but am greatly appreciative of any if anything pans out.
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:32 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
See private message.
Old Mar 19, 19, 7:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist Lite; United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Send a snail mail commendation letter. The FA will receive it and it will be noted by Southwest.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: