Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

MAX8 concerns trigger "no fare upcharge" changes for *everyone* systemwide thru 3/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAX8 concerns trigger "no fare upcharge" changes for *everyone* systemwide thru 3/31

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:35 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by PHXflier
I think they have killed the policy now... the 737-MAX8 announcement on the Southwest website does not make mention anymore of free changes unless there is a cancellation of the flight.
The lack of any warning that this accommodation might end early is disappointing. Publicity by bloggers may have caused this.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:09 pm

Protecting every single flight was a temporary freak out. It was always going to end as soon as they could fix it.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
This was a nice (intentional) IT glitch while it lasted and I was able to move tickets to better flight times. I still think that last year's IT glitch that gave TTFs all new expiration dates was one of the best.
tusphotog likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:09 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
New policy lets you move your trip only after it's canceled:

Customers holding reservations for a flight that is canceled may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge. If a Customer holds a reservation for a flight that is canceled and chooses not to reschedule, the Customer’s funds will be held toward future travel or a refund will be provided upon request.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:33 am

Looks like I changed mine just in time. I booked a $198 RT fare to Orlando that had me arriving late at night. I was able to re-book on a flight that gets in early in the day for no additional cost (that was originally going to push my ticket up to $500).

I didn’t even mean to take advantage of it - I simply misread the notice. Oh well... it worked out this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.