Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stuck on WN2011, enjoying maintenance slowdown 3/4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

Currently stuck on board WN2011, 1:55pm departure BWI-DTW. Definitely not feeling the LUV today. First, the 8:40am flight was cancelled "weather" even though no weather issues. Then we didn't even board this flight until 2pm. Pilot came on after we all boarded to say there were maintenance issues and we would be delayed.

NO explanation of the issues, or a time estimate. Now an hour later and no updates from crew - flight attendants hiding in galleys.

I'm not flying WN again until they get their issues with mechanics worked out.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I'm not saying you concerns aren't legit, but SWA isn't hub and spoke. Weather issues outside of BWI and DTW can impact that flight. It can be weather two legs prior. Been there. Done that. The maint issue you have now. Yuck. They should be updating you.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Weather

There is no official weather of significance today absent the above (updates every minute), which is substantially unchanged since 5am EST this morning.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Just offloaded...another 2 hours for reboarding
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: SWA CP, UA MP, Hilton G, SPG G
I hope management does the right thing. Drop the lawsuit and stop trying to outsource your own employees’ jobs.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Told a problem with fiberglass lining in aft cargo hold. No new estimate.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Talked to pilot a few minutes ago. Nice guy. We're boarding again now (4:15pm). To be fair, talked to maintenance supervisor - problem was real and he was really apologetic about the cascading delays.

I'm still extremely frustrated - mostly because I would have been in Detroit by now if I had driven - but also because of the lack of customer service throughout this adventure. I dont understand why airlines cant give updates - even if the update is there is no update!

Fingers crossed we actually leave this time....
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

So much for reboarding for imminent departure.....4:45pm, door still open.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Door closed 4:59pm. Only 3hrs late...and 8 has 20 minutes after original departure. Sorry for ranting on here. It's been a crazy day...and given what's going on I don't believe "weather" for my first cancellation and I still have issues with the second maintenance delay taking 3 hours to fix + CS fails throughout.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

I get it. I'm A List on WN and hold status on DL. But it's hard for me to believe my 8:40am -departing from a hub- was cancelled for weather when the only weather here on Sunday was rain. Not to mention plenty of planes are either already on the ground here or flew in this morning and Sunday night.

At some point airlines ought not to be allowed to use weather to excuse operational decisions made hours/a day(s) ago.

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I'm not saying you concerns aren't legit, but SWA isn't hub and spoke. Weather issues outside of BWI and DTW can impact that flight. It can be weather two legs prior. Been there. Done that. The maint issue you have now. Yuck. They should be updating you.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:29 pm

The first DTW flight was canceled as a plane did not come from BDL as expected, because it canceled getting to BDL the night before for weather. So maybe they aren't lying to you...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
I guess this board doesn't have a moderator to combine the multiple posts in one day???
I am so glad that FT is now serving as a place for counseling.

To stay somewhat in topic... the utopian world at Southwest is starting to unravel.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
The first DTW flight was canceled as a plane did not come from BDL as expected, because it canceled getting to BDL the night before for weather. So maybe they aren't lying to you...
That goes to my point that at some point an airline shouldn't be able to use weather as an excuse. So because a flight couldn't get to BDL on Sunday, and then couldn't go BDL-BWI allows them to call BWI-DTW on another day weather? Not cool.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by dcstudent
That goes to my point that at some point an airline shouldn't be able to use weather as an excuse. So because a flight couldn't get to BDL on Sunday, and then couldn't go BDL-BWI allows them to call BWI-DTW on another day weather? Not cool.

Southwest has always used weather as an excuse to a much greater degree than hub-and-spoke carriers.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

1. I admit I was venting.
2. The CS failures I described are real issues.
3. You're free to read or not read threads. No one made you read this.

Originally Posted by Collierkr
I guess this board doesn't have a moderator to combine the multiple posts in one day???
I am so glad that FT is now serving as a place for counseling.

To stay somewhat in topic... the utopian world at Southwest is starting to unravel.
ursine1, dlaue, OzzyOzzie and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.