Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Be aware: WN has trouble applying funds (TTF) for dual or hyphenated names

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Trying to book a flight using travel funds but getting an error. I can View Travel Funds and see that it's there, but when I key the same 3 fields of info on the booking screen (First Name, Last Name, Confirm #) I get the error.

And why can't we use travel funds on the app? In the 10 minutes between trying on the app (couldn't find the field) and booting up PC on a plane, I lost the last $153 ticket and now it's $174

Sorry, we found some errors...
Confirmation number and/or passenger name incorrect.
Error details
Error detail 1: NB-Ll90NS1CrBNV8m6sn1A : ee915415-d4e0-4137-af30-fadc28c63415 : 40052214602/26/2019 - 11:41:11
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Trying to book a flight using travel funds but getting an error. I can View Travel Funds and see that it's there, but when I key the same 3 fields of info on the booking screen (First Name, Last Name, Confirm #) I get the error.

And why can't we use travel funds on the app? In the 10 minutes between trying on the app (couldn't find the field) and booting up PC on a plane, I lost the last $153 ticket and now it's $174

Sorry, we found some errors...
Confirmation number and/or passenger name incorrect.
Error details
Error detail 1: NB-Ll90NS1CrBNV8m6sn1A : ee915415-d4e0-4137-af30-fadc28c63415 : 40052214602/26/2019 - 11:41:11
Were the funds from a multi-passenger reservation? If so, there are multiple funds confusingly combined under one confirmation number.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Were the funds from a multi-passenger reservation? If so, there are multiple funds confusingly combined under one confirmation number.
Thanks, not the case here, but maybe some other factors are unique about this situation:

- Original funds were from a LUV voucher where I purchased a flight for my wife that was ultimately cancelled...so there's probably confusing stuff here

- My wife has a 2-word first name?

Again, by keying First/Last/Confirm in the VERIFY TRAVEL FUNDS page I can see the good funds, but the booking screen doesn't like the same info. Have been working since this morning, will try again and then call in, THanks!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

So this had a strange twist. I called in. My wife's first name on her RR account is 2 words, Young Sun. The travel funds show it that way as well when I check. But the operator told me to change the PERSON TRAVELING name to:

FIrst: Young
Middle: Sun
Last: our last name

And it worked and I hung up, and immediately thought, she's not gonna get TSA PRE now, will she?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
So this had a strange twist. I called in. My wife's first name on her RR account is 2 words, Young Sun. The travel funds show it that way as well when I check. But the operator told me to change the PERSON TRAVELING name to:

And it worked and I hung up, and immediately thought, she's not gonna get TSA PRE now, will she?
My wife's last name is of the form XXXXXX-YYYYYYYYY

WN has always insisted it must be XXXXXX YYYYYYYYY

Two words, no hyphen.

We almost missed a flight once in RIC arguing with the idiot TSA guy over the discrepancy. Unbelievable that WN cannot handle hyphens.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:24 am
Original Poster

So this had a strange twist. I called in. My wife's first name on her RR account is 2 words, Young Sun, with no middle name. The travel funds show it that way as well when I check. But the operator told me to change the PERSON TRAVELING name to:

Update: Still got TSA Pre-Check on boarding pass

Update #2 : Dropped wife off at ATL this morning for the first 7:15a flight to MCO; they were offering $600 for volunteers. She took the offer, $773 voucher including the price of today's flight, can be used by anyone (me ) for a year, she's my companion and rarely travels by herself, re-booked on a 7pm tonight but 3rd on standby for the 11:15a

Last edited by dmbolp; Mar 3, 2019 at 5:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.