Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Frustration at assigning an aircraft that can't possibly operate my flight on time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frustration at assigning an aircraft that can't possibly operate my flight on time

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Edited to add:

If I'm going to complain when things go wrong, then I should post when things go right. Southwest just assigned another aircraft to the flight, and one that is only 30 minutes late vs. 2.5 hours late!

Original post:
I know WN has been having problems with on time performance, and I have been subject to a number of delays over my recent flights. Today, my frustration is growing as I see that Southwest assigned an aircraft that can't possibly, by operation of the schedule, operate my flight on time. N8613K starts the day in DAL, makes its way west, and eventually operates flight 1003, PHX-OAK, that then turns into my flight (6400) from OAK-ONT. The problem is that flight 1003's scheduled arrival time into Oakland is 8:50p.m., which is considerably later than Flight 6400's scheduled departure time from Oakland of 7:25p.m. It isn't that the flight that turns around to become mine is late - it is on time. So I'm currently looking at an arrival into ONT 2.5 hours late tonight, not because of a late inbound flight, but because my flight was going to be late the moment this routing was assigned to the aircraft.

As I mentioned, I know there are a number of issues going on at WN, and I know the airline doesn't want to operate flights that are late, but after several trips over the past few weeks with 2+ hour delays, this situation just seems ridiculous to me. In best tradition of Flyertalk, I thought I would come and vent. Thank you, I feel (slightly) better now.

Last edited by Danski; Feb 22, 2019 at 1:43 pm Reason: Change of aircraft
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: none
If the actual situation plays out the way you've described, it's a scheduling problem. It will either be fixed or WN will have a late flight on their books.

However, if the real life situation is NOT the way it's depicted, then "In best tradition of Flyertalk" the post is bogus. We'll know either way soon..
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Allan38103
If the actual situation plays out the way you've described, it's a scheduling problem. It will either be fixed or WN will have a late flight on their books.

However, if the real life situation is NOT the way it's depicted, then "In best tradition of Flyertalk" the post is bogus. We'll know either way soon..
I'm not sure I understand the "post is bogus" part - I simply posted what Southwest.com and flight tracking sites were reflecting.
LegalTender and ursine1 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Looks like still picking up the operational pieces from the past several days of "issues".....best of luck getting where you're going.

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:02 pm

*Redundant

Last edited by LegalTender; Feb 22, 2019 at 2:06 pm Reason: Redundant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.