Goodwill Comp request for 3+ mech delay?

Old Feb 21, 19, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ktenorman View Post
I got a $300 LUV voucher in person at SLC few weeks back, then received a second $200 LUV voucher via email once I arrived. This was due to a MX diversion on SLC-OAK (we returned to SLC 20min after takeoff) which ultimately resulted in a four-hour delay. I think the going rate is $50 an hour for MX delays.
I'm scratching my head over this one as I had a 10+ hr delay (including an unplanned overnight hotel stay in our connecting city) and only got $200 LUV while you got a total of $500 LUV for just a 4 hr delay. We didn't get anything close to $50/hr for our MX delay, actually under $20/hr. Either you did quite well, or we did quite poorly, or both.

By the way I tried appealing for more compensation via Twitter and email and both basically told me tough luck:

We were sorry to learn that your Flight #xxx was delayed due to a mechanical problem. These types of issues are unexpected, and what first appears to be a simple problem may prove more complicated than our Mechanics originally thought. We appreciate your patience and hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

We regret your disappointment with the amount of the Southwest LUV Voucher you received at the airport. Please understand that our main purpose in providing travel credit in situations such as this is to extend a tangible invitation to return under more pleasant circumstances. While we are not able to honor your request to issue additional vouchers in this instance, we are truly hopeful that you will apply the voucher you received toward a future trip with us.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by yanxfann View Post
I'm scratching my head over this one as I had a 10+ hr delay (including an unplanned overnight hotel stay in our connecting city) and only got $200 LUV while you got a total of $500 LUV for just a 4 hr delay. We didn't get anything close to $50/hr for our MX delay, actually under $20/hr. Either you did quite well, or we did quite poorly, or both.
I think the difference may be the need to land after taking off. That seriously distresses some people far more than simply waiting.
Also in your case You did get a hotel for the night.
Old Feb 22, 19, 9:13 am

Last year we had a connecting flight that was delayed (mechanical) and ultimately canceled (weather; hail damaged aircraft). New flight the following day was then delayed for mechanical reasons, and we ultimately arrived at our final destination more than 30 hours late. It took some persistence on my end with the social media team, but we ultimately got $600 in LUV.
Old Feb 22, 19, 9:39 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
This is very timely for me. Yesterday, I was taking off out of Manchester. The plane was loaded, ready to go, and safety briefings were being completed. And then, a guy came on the plane and said we missed calculated the fuel, we put too much fuel in the plane, everybody needs to get off, and we need to do a plane swap. That will take at least two hours. Needless to say, it was chaos at the customer desk. 143 people in line.

They told me I still had a chance to make my connection, so we went for it as all flights out after were booked. We loaded the plane, got ready to go, and sat there again. Finally left for Baltimore, landed, and sat again. We got off the plane, sprinted to the gate, just as they were pulling back. I had said they were going to hold the plane. NOT.

The only way to get to my destination, Jacksonville, in a reasonable time is to immediately jump on in Orlando flight and drive to 2.5 hours to Jacksonville at two in the morning. Thats what we did. This morning, I got a love voucher for $100. Im calling them up as this is really not enough And barely covers the rental car and extra hotel night.

i love southwest but this was a collosal fubar. Oh and god knows where my luggage is!

Search this Thread