Amazing (New) WN 1380 Landing Animation

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Amazing (New) WN 1380 Landing Animation

You can't watch this and not be impressed by the calmness. Pilots not told for 2 minutes there's a hole in the fuselage. Landing was impeccable. 49 USC Section 1114(c) prohibits the NTSB from making the audio recordings public except by written transcript.

Captain Tammie is a hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3H...ature=youtu.be
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Interesting.

Not a pilot, but still wonder why it was 7 minutes or more before the pilot was aware of a hold in the plane. And that the engine was severely damaged.

great job getting the plane down though.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I'm not a pilot or air traffic controller, but I'm a bit curious about the number of times that 27R is used by the FO and ATC when they are supposed to be coming in on 27L . Obviously an extremely stressful situation for all involved. In the midst of it all, the captain wishes ATC a good day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.