FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Employed 35 years by WN, she finally becomes an FA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1955567-employed-35-years-wn-she-finally-becomes-fa.html)

toomanybooks Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am

Employed 35 years by WN, she finally becomes an FA

smmrfld Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am

Great story...kudos to her!

geo979 Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am

If certain trends continue it won't be long before we see an elderly flight attendant who needs to use a cane or walker to get down the aisle.

smmrfld Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by geo979 (Post 30761295)
If certain trends continue it won't be long before we see an elderly flight attendant who needs to use a cane or walker to get down the aisle.

Congrats for taking a great story and finding some way to turn it negative. Hope you're happy with your post...no doubt it gave you great satisfaction to share with us.:rolleyes:

geo979 Feb 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 30761390)
Congrats for taking a great story and finding some way to turn it negative. Hope you're happy with your post...no doubt it gave you great satisfaction to share with us.:rolleyes:

Oh, thanks. Glad you liked it.

kennycrudup Feb 10, 2019 3:12 pm

He's right though. I'm fully expecting my first in-flight fatal heart attack to be one of the elderly or hugely obese WN FAs.

smmrfld Feb 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup (Post 30762107)
He's right though. I'm fully expecting my first in-flight fatal heart attack to be one of the elderly or hugely obese WN FAs.

Considering the OP's post refers to neither an elderly or obese individual, what’s your point?

LegalTender Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup (Post 30762107)

Your expectations are empty, idle and vain.

She's the same age as Tammie Jo Shutlts, the captain who brought WN1380 into PHL on one engine last April.

N830MH Feb 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Wow! She became an flight attendant. I'm so happy for her! She can be so successful. Congrats!

kennycrudup Feb 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 30762256)
Considering the OP's post refers to neither an elderly or obese individual, what’s your point?

My point's very plain- @geo979's post of "If certain trends continue ..." is what I was replying to, and it was clear to me he was referring to the ever-advancing age of FAs in general (which is perhaps what's throwing you (and LegalTender) off). Every year there seem to be more and FAs who can barely walk down an aisle either because of age or the inability to fit without turning sideways and emergency-situation concerns aside, like I'd said, I'm wondering when one of them will be the in-flight emergency.

Insulator-King Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm

WHat a great story. You are never too old to start a new career.

And for those negative posters, I wonder what their physical condition is like? I have not seen ANY elderly or infirm FA's on my few flights.

What will they look like at 55?

kennycrudup Feb 12, 2019 6:46 pm

I know this much- I don't have to turn sideways when I walk down a 737 aisle!

Ted Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Hopefully she keeps her original seniority date!

PUCCI GALORE Feb 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Insulator-King (Post 30771338)
WHat a great story. You are never too old to start a new career.

And for those negative posters, I wonder what their physical condition is like? I have not seen ANY elderly or infirm FA's on my few flights.

What will they look like at 55?

Never mind that Dear - what do the charm school graduate that posted that look like now?

Me? I remember Southwest when it was spreading love all over Texas when the FAs wore hot pants - so different from the kilts in our uniforms! Elderly? - you bet. Now let them say that to my face rather than the internet and you'll see how infirm I am.

Seriously, I do so hope that she never gets to read this - good luck to her in her new career. As I the link does not work in Europe I cannot tell what she did previously.

What am I doing here? I'm due to fly some WN (why did it get that particular code?) flights soon. Whether they are Senior Fares or not is classified information.