Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rewards for Opinions-do they count toward Companion Pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver

I have answered some of the "Rewards for Opinions" surveys in 2018 and 2019 and was awarded points. In 2018 those points were included in my total points balance AND in my Companion Pass balance. But so far in 2019, the "Rewards for Opinions" points are included in my total points balance but NOT in my Companion Pass balance. Has anyone else noticed if their "Rewards for Opinions" points obtained in 2019 are included in their 2019 Companion Pass balance?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:33 am

Rewards for Opinions points have never supposed to have been CP qualifying. I have no new data point, but perhaps a loophole has been closed?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by geo979
I have answered some of the "Rewards for Opinions" surveys in 2018 and 2019 and was awarded points. In 2018 those points were included in my total points balance AND in my Companion Pass balance. But so far in 2019, the "Rewards for Opinions" points are included in my total points balance but NOT in my Companion Pass balance. Has anyone else noticed if their "Rewards for Opinions" points obtained in 2019 are included in their 2019 Companion Pass balance?
I just received some and mine counted towards the CP. It took almost 3 weeks to receive them when in the past it only took 2 to 3 days. So make sure you have actually received them.

Also, for those who may be wondering, "rewards for opinions" is not the same as erewards or valued opinions which do not earn CPQ points. This is stated in the Rapid Rewards T&C's. However, there is no such exclusion for Rewards for Opinions.

As you can see, it will take forever to earn enough points for anything meaningful since you will get disqualified from most of them. But it will keep your account active.

Here is a screen shot for all those who always tend to doubt anything I say.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Critterlynn; Jan 26, 2019 at 5:37 am Reason: More to add
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My wife could use some account activity.

Do links for these come in emails? Or through WN website? Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
My wife could use some account activity.

Do links for these come in emails? Or through WN website? Thanks.
​​​​​​Rewards for Opinions is a separate site. You have to sign up for an account there. Once you have an active account, you will get survey invites through email. You can also just go to the site and get surveys.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:10 am

Rewards for Opinions is part of e-Rewards. You can't just "sign up," you have to be invited.

As I mentioned earlier, points are not supposed to be CP qualifying (per the CP terms and conditions), but it appears that -- for now at least -- for some members they are.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Look at the wording closely though. It says, "...points CONVERTED from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-miles, Valued Opinions, and Diners Club...do not qualify as CPQP.

Two thoughts. Consider the word converted. For e-Rewards and Diners Club, you actually have to take action to CONVERT points to rapid rewards points. This is not the case for "Rewards for Opinions" where no CONVERSION of points is needed or even possible. You just get the points directly without any conversion taking place.

Secondly, one could argue the wording doesn't even apply to "Rewards for Opinions". In the Specialty tab, the program in question is clearly labeled "Rewards for Opinions". It is not labeled "Valued Opinions". How can anyone know what the term "Valued Opinions" means since it isn't listed anywhere? Could it be a term used for an old program that no longer exists? "Rewards for Opinions" and "e-Rewards" appear to be 2 separate and distinct programs in the Specialty tab.
Critterlynn likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
Rewards for Opinions is part of e-Rewards. You can't just "sign up," you have to be invited.
Rewards for Opinions is relatively new compared to the others. At the time I signed up, all that was required was to have a Rapid Rewards account. Right now it would appear they have all the members they need.

Edit: you are correct about it being invite only. I guess I got in at the beginning when there were hardly any members and pretty much anybody could get in. But the "join now" button could easily make you believe anybody could join.

​​​​​

As I mentioned earlier, points are not supposed to be CP qualifying (per the CP terms and conditions), but it appears that -- for now at least -- for some members they are.

Although Rewards for Opinions is part of e-rewards, it really doesn't make any difference since that specific survey site is not mentioned. I read the T&C's and I did not see Rewards for Opinions mentioned anywhere. Also, when those T&C's first came out, Rewards for Opinions didn't even exist yet. For all we know, the lack of CPQP's and the drop-off in participation at these sites was the whole reason for creating a new survey site.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Jan 26, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:18 pm

Rewards for Opinions is e-Rewards.

In the beginning, Southwest was one of the participating "reward companies" thru which you could earn e-Rewards at the e-Rewards site. It no longer is. Now, e-Rewards has a specific portal for Southwest called Rewards for Opinions.

Southwest apparently never updated the T&Cs to specifically disallow "Rewards for Opinions," but that doesn't matter because it's just a name used by e-Rewards, which is specified.

At this point, of course, it doesn't matter much since some members seem to be earning CPQ points thru Rewards for Opinions. If that changes, however, I suspect any inquiry will generate a reply like the one I posted, noting that, no -- Rewards for Opinions points do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying points.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Rewards for Opinions is e-Rewards.

In the beginning, Southwest was one of the participating "reward companies" thru which you could earn e-Rewards at the e-Rewards site. It no longer is. Now, e-Rewards has a specific portal for Southwest called Rewards for Opinions.

Southwest apparently never updated the T&Cs to specifically disallow "Rewards for Opinions," but that doesn't matter because it's just a name used by e-Rewards, which is specified.

At this point, of course, it doesn't matter much since some members seem to be earning CPQ points thru Rewards for Opinions. If that changes, however, I suspect any inquiry will generate a reply like the one I posted, noting that, no -- Rewards for Opinions points do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying points.
All this may be completely true, but I have to wonder, what possible reason would Southwest have to list them both individually as Rapid Rewards partners?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
All this may be completely true, but I have to wonder, what possible reason would Southwest have to list them both individually as Rapid Rewards partners?

Incompetence?
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
How in the world would anyone have enough time to get anywhere near CP with this thing.

Take 20 minutes to answer a bunch of questons, and get a couple of points - three each with the above example.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
How in the world would anyone have enough time to get anywhere near CP with this thing.

Take 20 minutes to answer a bunch of questons, and get a couple of points - three each with the above example.
Those are from surveys that I was disqualified from. This is what happens with 90% of the surveys. Usually you get disqualified in a couple of minutes. Completed surveys usually get between 25 - 100 points. But you're right, no one is going to earn a companion pass on this alone. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, they really are not worth doing. Having said that, I did earn about 15,000 points in the last year. One of the benefits of having an easy job.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

One more complicating data point. All my "Rewards for Opinions" points earned in 2018 did count as CPQP. Through most of January the points earned did not count as CPQP. But I notice my most recent points earned on 1/31 did again count as CPQP. So who knows. There must be some rhyme or reason. I just don't know what it is.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by geo979
One more complicating data point. All my "Rewards for Opinions" points earned in 2018 did count as CPQP. Through most of January the points earned did not count as CPQP. But I notice my most recent points earned on 1/31 did again count as CPQP. So who knows. There must be some rhyme or reason. I just don't know what it is.
Could it be that the points that were not CPQP's were earned in December but not paid out until January?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.