15% bonus points promotion

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by GreenPlastic

but if you spend more then you can get more bonus. Not on a percentage basis of course, but you can get more total bonus points...it’s capped at 15k points. We’ll spend around 30k and get 4500 bonus points in the 3 months.
I know, but neither offer is as enticing as a sign up bonus.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:24 pm

10K/15% here. I just got the personal card through the 50K for $2k reddit link. Hoping once I hit the minimum spend and the 50K SW points post to my account in February the 15% bonus will stack on top. We shall see.
Edit: looks like the terms state credit card bonuses won't trigger the 15%. Bummer.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
A different offer.
Ok, then. Apples to oranges.

This is a thread dedicated to the multiple variations of the specific spend offer, as discussed in the title and 1st post.

The one you mention is, presumably, a sign up or other bonus offer, which has completely different terms and -- most importantly -- requirements.

Maybe discuss those offers in the threads dedicated to them?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:14 pm

A different offer.
Originally Posted by ursine1
Ok, then. Apples to oranges.

This is a thread dedicated to the multiple variations of the specific spend offer, as discussed in the title and 1st post.

The one you mention is, presumably, a sign up or other bonus offer, which has completely different terms and -- most importantly -- requirements.

Maybe discuss those offers in the threads dedicated to them?
Doesn't "different offer" and "multiple variations of the specific spend offer" kind of mean the same thing?

If not, sorry for completely derailing this whole thread by posting one post about the same Southwest credit card that has different spend requirements and a different bonus structure. Even though this same offer was mentioned a few post above mine, that's no excuse.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:27 pm

Doesn't "different offer" and "multiple variations of the specific spend offer" kind of mean the same thing?

No, it does not.

If not, sorry for completely derailing this whole thread by posting one post about the same Southwest credit card that has different spend requirements and a different bonus structure. Even though this same offer was mentioned a few post above mine, that's no excuse.
Sorry, I overlooked the previous post. But no reason to get all eye-rolly -- I was just suggesting we keep things on topic. As futile as that is here.

To recap: Here we're discussing the 15% bonus points with spend between 2/1/2019 and 4/30/2019 offer(s) for existing cardholders.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is the offer you mentioned (and, presumably, the one mentioned earlier that you referenced) a part of that promotion, for existing cardholders?

What are the terms and conditions of the offer you mentioned?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:39 pm

No, it does not.

Sorry, I overlooked the previous post. But no reason to get all eye-rolly -- I was just suggesting we keep things on topic. As futile as that is here.

To recap: Here we're discussing the 15% bonus points with spend between 2/1/2019 and 4/30/2019 offer(s) for existing cardholders.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is the offer you mentioned (and, presumably, the one mentioned earlier that you referenced) a part of that promotion, for existing cardholders?

What are the terms and conditions of the offer you mentioned?
At the risk of further derailing this thread, the offer I have is for a flat 2,000 points for spending $4,000 on my Southwest card. There is no percentage here. It's all or nothing. All spend from 01/15/19 - 03/31/19 is eligible for this promotion. And yes, this is for existing cardholders.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:49 pm

At the risk of further derailing this thread, the offer I have is for a flat 2,000 points for spending $4,000 on my Southwest card. There is no percentage here. It's all or nothing. All spend from 01/15/19 - 03/31/19 is eligible for this promotion. And yes, this is for existing cardholders.
Interesting, thanks for that info. That does seem like a different, but related offer. I apologize -- earlier I thought you were referring to a sign-up bonus, or some other unrelated promo.

Was this an email you received, or just something you found in your Promotions?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:42 pm

Interesting, thanks for that info. That does seem like a different, but related offer. I apologize -- earlier I thought you were referring to a sign-up bonus, or some other unrelated promo.

Was this an email you received, or just something you found in your Promotions?
Received an email from both Chase and Southwest. It's also showing up on the main page when I log into Southwest.com. Strange though it doesn't show up under the promotions tab.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Considering that in late 2017 WN offered me a 50% bonus on CC points starting from the first dollar spent, this is a pretty poor promo.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott PLAT
My Offer: Receive 5,000 bonus points towards Companion Pass after $10,000 spend
Old May 25, 2019, 6:19 am

Points Credit

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to post the points to your account? I got the 35k 15% deal too. Looks like I made it.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

I know I made it on both mine and my wife's account. No bonus posted yet.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
My bonus posted today....but they didnt count towards the Companion Pass?!?!? The promotion clearly says these bonus points would count towards the CP.....

The category is "Other" with a description of "Southwest Chase BOnus"
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred + CP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by isaac.chambers
My bonus posted today....but they didnt count towards the Companion Pass?!?!? The promotion clearly says these bonus points would count towards the CP.....

The category is "Other" with a description of "Southwest Chase BOnus"
Same thing happened to me!. I really needed it to count towards my companion pass because I'm almost there
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Victor Valdez
Anyone have any idea how long it takes to post the points to your account? I got the 35k 15% deal too. Looks like I made it.
A few more details on this promo? We will be looking to start up a new companion pass at the end of this year... actually January.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.