15% bonus points promotion

Reply

Old Jan 16, 19, 4:19 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Posts: 687
Originally Posted by GreenPlastic View Post


but if you spend more then you can get more bonus. Not on a percentage basis of course, but you can get more total bonus points...its capped at 15k points. Well spend around 30k and get 4500 bonus points in the 3 months.
I know, but neither offer is as enticing as a sign up bonus.
Critterlynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 4:24 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 137
10K/15% here. I just got the personal card through the 50K for $2k reddit link. Hoping once I hit the minimum spend and the 50K SW points post to my account in February the 15% bonus will stack on top. We shall see.
Edit: looks like the terms state credit card bonuses won't trigger the 15%. Bummer.
DnvTrvlr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 4:46 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,416
Originally Posted by Critterlynn View Post
A different offer.
Ok, then. Apples to oranges.

This is a thread dedicated to the multiple variations of the specific spend offer, as discussed in the title and 1st post.

The one you mention is, presumably, a sign up or other bonus offer, which has completely different terms and -- most importantly -- requirements.

Maybe discuss those offers in the threads dedicated to them?
ursine1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 5:14 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Posts: 687
Originally Posted by Critterlynn View Post
A different offer.
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Ok, then. Apples to oranges.

This is a thread dedicated to the multiple variations of the specific spend offer, as discussed in the title and 1st post.

The one you mention is, presumably, a sign up or other bonus offer, which has completely different terms and -- most importantly -- requirements.

Maybe discuss those offers in the threads dedicated to them?
Doesn't "different offer" and "multiple variations of the specific spend offer" kind of mean the same thing?

If not, sorry for completely derailing this whole thread by posting one post about the same Southwest credit card that has different spend requirements and a different bonus structure. Even though this same offer was mentioned a few post above mine, that's no excuse.
Critterlynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 5:27 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,416
Originally Posted by Critterlynn View Post
Doesn't "different offer" and "multiple variations of the specific spend offer" kind of mean the same thing?

No, it does not.

Originally Posted by Critterlynn View Post
If not, sorry for completely derailing this whole thread by posting one post about the same Southwest credit card that has different spend requirements and a different bonus structure. Even though this same offer was mentioned a few post above mine, that's no excuse.
Sorry, I overlooked the previous post. But no reason to get all eye-rolly -- I was just suggesting we keep things on topic. As futile as that is here.

To recap: Here we're discussing the 15% bonus points with spend between 2/1/2019 and 4/30/2019 offer(s) for existing cardholders.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is the offer you mentioned (and, presumably, the one mentioned earlier that you referenced) a part of that promotion, for existing cardholders?

What are the terms and conditions of the offer you mentioned?
ursine1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 5:39 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Posts: 687
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
No, it does not.



Sorry, I overlooked the previous post. But no reason to get all eye-rolly -- I was just suggesting we keep things on topic. As futile as that is here.

To recap: Here we're discussing the 15% bonus points with spend between 2/1/2019 and 4/30/2019 offer(s) for existing cardholders.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is the offer you mentioned (and, presumably, the one mentioned earlier that you referenced) a part of that promotion, for existing cardholders?

What are the terms and conditions of the offer you mentioned?
At the risk of further derailing this thread, the offer I have is for a flat 2,000 points for spending $4,000 on my Southwest card. There is no percentage here. It's all or nothing. All spend from 01/15/19 - 03/31/19 is eligible for this promotion. And yes, this is for existing cardholders.
Critterlynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 5:49 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,416
Originally Posted by Critterlynn View Post
At the risk of further derailing this thread, the offer I have is for a flat 2,000 points for spending $4,000 on my Southwest card. There is no percentage here. It's all or nothing. All spend from 01/15/19 - 03/31/19 is eligible for this promotion. And yes, this is for existing cardholders.
Interesting, thanks for that info. That does seem like a different, but related offer. I apologize -- earlier I thought you were referring to a sign-up bonus, or some other unrelated promo.

Was this an email you received, or just something you found in your Promotions?
ursine1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 6:42 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Posts: 687
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Interesting, thanks for that info. That does seem like a different, but related offer. I apologize -- earlier I thought you were referring to a sign-up bonus, or some other unrelated promo.

Was this an email you received, or just something you found in your Promotions?
Received an email from both Chase and Southwest. It's also showing up on the main page when I log into Southwest.com. Strange though it doesn't show up under the promotions tab.
Critterlynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:02 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 5,208
Considering that in late 2017 WN offered me a 50% bonus on CC points starting from the first dollar spent, this is a pretty poor promo.
darthbimmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 6:42 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SNA
Programs: Marriott PLAT
Posts: 233
My Offer: Receive 5,000 bonus points towards Companion Pass after $10,000 spend
jb2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 19, 6:19 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Austin
Posts: 1
Points Credit

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to post the points to your account? I got the 35k 15% deal too. Looks like I made it.
Victor Valdez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 19, 9:16 am
  #42  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 432
I know I made it on both mine and my wife's account. No bonus posted yet.
shadow520 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:53 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 241
My bonus posted today....but they didnt count towards the Companion Pass?!?!? The promotion clearly says these bonus points would count towards the CP.....

The category is "Other" with a description of "Southwest Chase BOnus"
isaac.chambers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 19, 3:32 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Southwest A-List, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by isaac.chambers View Post
My bonus posted today....but they didnt count towards the Companion Pass?!?!? The promotion clearly says these bonus points would count towards the CP.....

The category is "Other" with a description of "Southwest Chase BOnus"
Same thing happened to me!. I really needed it to count towards my companion pass because I'm almost there
apeoples13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 19, 7:01 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Posts: 8,707
Originally Posted by Victor Valdez View Post
Anyone have any idea how long it takes to post the points to your account? I got the 35k 15% deal too. Looks like I made it.
A few more details on this promo? We will be looking to start up a new companion pass at the end of this year... actually January.
NoStressHere is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread