Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A 43 Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

A 43 Boarding

Got A 43-44-45 for a 5:15 PM flight for tomorrow from SJC to PHX with no A List or EBCI. Does this mean a empty flight? I know tomorrow is a busy travel day so we're arriving 3 hours before the flight, have TSA Precheck and will use the express bag tags. Will there be enough time to visit the lounge?
​​​​​​
Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:39 pm

How late after t-24 did you check in?

Those positions could indicate a lightly full flight, or it may just be that not many people bough EBCI on the relatively short flight.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Originally Posted by danielonn
we're arriving 3 hours before the flight, have TSA Precheck and will use the express bag tags. Will there be enough time to visit the lounge?
​​​​
Based on your plan you should have about two hours and fifty minuets to visit the lounge...maybe two forty five...
Buzzardgut likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
How late after t-24 did you check in?

Those positions could indicate a lightly full flight, or it may just be that not many people bough EBCI on the relatively short flight.
Checked in at exactly T 24. Was debating whether to purchase EBCI for this segment but did not. So we are very happy with our boarding position.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PAX62
Based on your plan you should have about two hours and fifty minuets to visit the lounge...maybe two forty five...
Thanks boarding is at 4:45 PM but want to err on the side of caution and arrive on the early side.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:40 pm

Checked in at exactly T 24. Was debating whether to purchase EBCI for this segment but did not. So we are very happy with our boarding position.
Depending on the route, day and time I've had positions that early without status. I think weekends tend to have fewer business (A-List ) travelers so you tend to get earlier positions, if you check in at T-24. I'm always amazed at the number of people who wait and check in at the airport.

We have an flight tomorrow and my wife (A-List Preferred) got A-16, something that almost never happens but then we almost never fly on weekends.
danielonn and roundtree like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Airport checkin for the most part is archaic for me. Ever since Southwest started online checking first at midnight and then at 24 hours I have been doing the online checkin. I even remember AA giving 500 bonus miles for online checkin. Shows how old I am lol.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
You will also have way more novice flyers due to holidays. People that have no idea about checking in at t-24.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
3 hours with precheck seems like overkill at SJC, even with holiday travel.

”express bag tags” ???
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Got A 43-44-45 for a 5:15 PM flight for tomorrow from SJC to PHX with no A List or EBCI. Does this mean a empty flight? I know tomorrow is a busy travel day so we're arriving 3 hours before the flight, have TSA Precheck and will use the express bag tags. Will there be enough time to visit the lounge?
​​​​​​
Thanks
If going to lounge, 4 hours might be better - LOL! Not because of any delays, but for more lounge time.

Which lounge?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
we're arriving 3 hours before the flight, have TSA Precheck
As you have Pre, three hours early ex-SJC is totally unnecessary. 60 mins before boarding is overkill, and if you've got WN status (so can use the priority lines at check-in and security), even better.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:17 pm

OP, tell us how much lounge time you had!!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
People that have no idea about checking in at t-24.
LOL I have looked around while waiting to board and I see people with C boarding passes all the time. I always wonder: Did they just now check in downstairs at the counter? If I ever got a C it would be because I did something wrong. Like totally miss T-24.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Somebody (somebodies) have to be C even if the entire plane checked in at T-24. (I know, thank you, captain obvious)
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joshua362
Somebody (somebodies) have to be C even if the entire plane checked in at T-24. (I know, thank you, captain obvious)
Maybe not as obvious. If the flight only has 80 or so passengers, no one may have C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.