FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Kudos to IT Department (Improved Confirmation Email Format) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1946455-kudos-department-improved-confirmation-email-format.html)

SAM23026 Dec 18, 2018 8:28 am

Kudos to IT Department (Improved Confirmation Email Format)

I just received confirmation on three upcoming flights and I am really pleased by the format of the emails. On one piece of paper, with duplex printing, I have all the essential information I need for my future flight plans. This is especially helpful to those of use that book far in advance to frequently visited destinations because if you change your plans, who doesn't, you have a simple record of the flight/payment information needed for future reuse. Of course it can also be stored electronically all in one place.
I know there has historically been considerable criticism about SW's IT capabilities but this time I think they really got it right, Credit is due when credit is really deserved.

steved5480 Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am

​​​​​​Paper? 🤔

Cledaybuck Dec 18, 2018 10:31 am

Originally Posted by steved5480 (Post 30549062)
​​​​​​Paper? 🤔

I almost always print out all my reservations before a trip. Those pieces of paper never run out of power or have technical difficulties.

rsteinmetz70112 Dec 18, 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 30549288)
I almost always print out all my reservations before a trip. Those pieces of paper never run out of power or have technical difficulties.

I do the same but they do sometimes have technical problems. I've had a printed Boarding Pass fail to scan at TSA.

TXWayne Dec 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 30549288)

I, an IT (security) guy have not printed a paper anything in years. If I feel the need for paper I have the SW agent at the airport print me something.

smmrfld Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480 (Post 30549062)
​​​​​​Paper? ��

Not sure why anyone would use it. Between QR code on watch and phone, have never had any issues. Did periodically have issues with failure to read paper barcode in ancient times, though.

Cledaybuck Dec 19, 2018 5:00 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 30549946)

Not sure why anyone would use it. Between QR code on watch and phone, have never had any issues. Did periodically have issues with failure to read paper barcode in ancient times, though.

Can you even get boarding passes on a multi person reservation in the app?

bobnchi Dec 19, 2018 7:13 am

From SWA website.

Are mobile boarding passes available for multiple passenger reservations?A logged in user who is on a multiple passenger reservation who is eligible can obtain their own mobile boarding pass within the Southwest app or on the Southwest mobile website. Non-logged in users on a multiple passenger reservation will need to visit a kiosk or print their passes on a desktop computer.

Cledaybuck Dec 19, 2018 9:50 am

Originally Posted by bobnchi (Post 30552539)
From SWA website.

Are mobile boarding passes available for multiple passenger reservations?A logged in user who is on a multiple passenger reservation who is eligible can obtain their own mobile boarding pass within the Southwest app or on the Southwest mobile website. Non-logged in users on a multiple passenger reservation will need to visit a kiosk or print their passes on a desktop computer.

So if I travel with my 8 year old son he will need to print his boarding pass on paper (yes, paper). Kudos IT indeed.

chuckworth Dec 19, 2018 12:39 pm

I always print my BP to have as a back-up option to mobile. Have done this ever since i was travelling the day WN's computer systems all went down network-wide 3 years ago. Anyone with a printed BP was allowed to check-in, clear security and board without much issue. Anyone without a printed BP had to wait in long lines for agents to manually check-in, hand write BPs/checked luggage tags, and go through an ID check at boarding. I know, this is only really useful for .0001% of the time but it sure is nice to have in that kind of unexpected situation.

lowmiles Dec 21, 2018 11:09 am

Originally Posted by chuckworth (Post 30553793)
I always print my BP to have as a back-up option to mobile. Have done this ever since i was travelling the day WN's computer systems all went down network-wide 3 years ago. Anyone with a printed BP was allowed to check-in, clear security and board without much issue. Anyone without a printed BP had to wait in long lines for agents to manually check-in, hand write BPs/checked luggage tags, and go through an ID check at boarding. I know, this is only really useful for .0001% of the time but it sure is nice to have in that kind of unexpected situation.

I will print one every time from now on due to this. Thank you. :eek:

lougord99 Dec 21, 2018 3:46 pm

I completely disagree with the OP.

Originally Posted by SAM23026 (Post 30548770)
On one piece of paper, with duplex printing, I have all the essential information I need for my future flight plans.

I always print my information and keep all trips paperclipped together with flight, hotel, car etc. together. Up until about 10 months ago you could have all your important flight information on 1 piece of paper without duplex printing ( who wants to go through the hassles of duplex printing at home???). Now, I must keep 2 pieces of paper to track my WN flights.

Color me a Luddite.

kennycrudup Dec 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 30562707)
who wants to go through the hassles of duplex printing at home?

... ummmmm? Hell, at home I'm the one buying the paper, I can't imagine who wouldn't do it (and what "hassle"?!)

lougord99 Dec 22, 2018 6:34 am

I guess hassle is the wrong word. I didn't know you could print on both sides without reloading the paper until you made this post and I googled it and tried it.

Thank you.

You can even more so call me a Luddite.

joshua362 Dec 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 30564204)
I guess hassle is the wrong word. I didn't know you could print on both sides without reloading the paper until you made this post and I googled it and tried it.

Lucky ! You must have a duplex printer then, usually a D in the model name. Most cheap printer do not.