Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest Status Match to A-List for other US Based FF Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Status Match to A-List for other US Based FF Elites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, SWA A-List
Originally Posted by spartan3186
Any data points on how long it took to get approved? Fine print says up to 12 business days, just wondering what is typical.
Almost immediate for me. Sent the request at 9:35PM on Thursday October 11 and got a reply at 10:44PM that same day that the match was granted.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by spartan3186
Any data points on how long it took to get approved? Fine print says up to 12 business days, just wondering what is typical.
This time about 5 days but that includes weekends.

Sadly was unable to qualify on my prior matches, but hopefully 3rd time will be the charm for me.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:22 pm

Applied on December 5 and received approval email on December 10. Currently booked on 2 roundtrips after receiving approval. In 2018 was Gold on Delta - 2019 now a Silver. Thought I'd give this a try.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, WN A-List
I feel like an idiot now. I did A list the old fashioned way this year. Having this earlier would have stopped be straying to AS and UA so much during the year so would have helped Southwest out too! Must say it makes WN a whole different airline with standby and the auto checkin!

I am wondering how they targeted people for the email, maybe my lowly UA Gold does not count I can't imagine the likes of United would give them a list of their elites to pick off.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by phil94028
I feel like an idiot now. I did A list the old fashioned way this year. Having this earlier would have stopped be straying to AS and UA so much during the year so would have helped Southwest out too! Must say it makes WN a whole different airline with standby and the auto checkin!

I am wondering how they targeted people for the email, maybe my lowly UA Gold does not count I can't imagine the likes of United would give them a list of their elites to pick off.
No airline gave them a list. They do not share with competition.

(and got it - we did)

Yes, they did some targeted emails. Other just found this thread and applied.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL FO, WN AL
Just as an update.

Applied 12/17
Received 12/21

I'm 4/6 of the way there already. Should secure A-List by the end of month.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Interpreting the offer

Perhaps I am not reading carefully enough, but I can't see where it says how long the comped A-list status lasts. The OP assumed a one year comped status + additional time earned by flying 6 one ways. Others say it is only 90 days comped status, bumped to a year once the 6 flights have been made. I have no idea what they actually do, but I just don't see anything in the email that makes this clear.

It does say that if you complete the 6 flights w/in 90 days of receiving the comped status you will get A-list for an additional 12 months, but even that seems weird. Say I complete the 6th flight in May, does that mean I get 12 months of A-list expiring in May of 2020? Does Southwest actually do mid-year status expirations?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yes, they will do mid-year expirations as needed for the promotions.
lexdevil likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Perhaps I am not reading carefully enough, but I can't see where it says how long the comped A-list status lasts. The OP assumed a one year comped status + additional time earned by flying 6 one ways. Others say it is only 90 days comped status, bumped to a year once the 6 flights have been made. I have no idea what they actually do, but I just don't see anything in the email that makes this clear.

It does say that if you complete the 6 flights w/in 90 days of receiving the comped status you will get A-list for an additional 12 months, but even that seems weird. Say I complete the 6th flight in May, does that mean I get 12 months of A-list expiring in May of 2020? Does Southwest actually do mid-year status expirations?
It is very clear on the emails I received and the same for each match I received:

(1) Trial or promo status lasts for 90 days. The most important feature IMO is the A-list for checkin which eliminates EBCI fees and/or rush to checkin at T-24.
(2) If you succeed in meeting the requirements, A-list status applies for 9 additional months (total 12 months from initial date of match).
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Boraxo
It is very clear on the emails I received and the same for each match I received:

(1) Trial or promo status lasts for 90 days. The most important feature IMO is the A-list for checkin which eliminates EBCI fees and/or rush to checkin at T-24.
(2) If you succeed in meeting the requirements, A-list status applies for 9 additional months (total 12 months from initial date of match).
You are right about the initial 90 days, but the 12 months is not clear from MY email. I received this:

All you've got to do is provide proof of your status on another airline and your name and Rapid Rewards® number, and we'll give you tier status on ours for 90 days.

But we aren't stopping there. Just fly three round trips (or six one-ways, we won't judge) with your new A-List perks, and we'll extend that A-List for the next 12 months. Seriously.
To my reading, "extend that A-List for the next 12 months," means 12 months beyond the additional 90 day trial.

I think this reading is supported by the fine print as well.
To extend promotional A-List status for 12 months, after qualifying for this A-List status match promotion, Member must book and complete three qualifying round trip flights (or six one-way qualifying flights) from your qualifying flights booked and flown between Member's enrollment date for this promotion and the end of Member's 90-day promotional period.
And:
Upon qualifying to extend promotional A-List status for 12 months, you will receive an email within 48 hours of qualification verifying you've earned A-List status for 12 months from the date you qualified to extend promotional A-List status.
That reads like a total of 15 months to me, with A-List status expiry date determined by sign up/qualification date (rather than ending at the end of the calendar year).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by lexdevil
You are right about the initial 90 days, but the 12 months is not clear from MY email. I received this:

To my reading, "extend that A-List for the next 12 months," means 12 months beyond the additional 90 day trial.

I think this reading is supported by the fine print as well.

And:

That reads like a total of 15 months to me, with A-List status expiry date determined by sign up/qualification date (rather than ending at the end of the calendar year).
I just completed my trial. It started at the end of November and my status now expires 01/2020 so it appears it is 12 months from qualification not from the initial status match.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:39 am

Anyone have some recent data points on this? I sent an email 1/24 and still haven't received any reply confirming my registration.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:56 pm

I requested on 1/25 and was approved on 2/5

In the reverse direction which airlines would status match the A List and how?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Dantrav
I requested on 1/25 and was approved on 2/5

In the reverse direction which airlines would status match the A List and how?
Most of the mainstream airlines are a bit more tight about "status matches". Mainly because the value of those levels is much higher than what A-List gives you. I have seen a few from time to time from AA and DL and maybe UA - but the requirements often require a fair amount of travel in a short period to get something decent.

Might be worth checking the boards from whichever airline you might become a regular at.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:55 am

With a huge grain of salt, I believe this applies:

A-List = DL Silver; A+= DL Gold. You must spend $750/$1500 to win those tiers during the status "challenge." Flights on a partner airline qualify. American's status match is comparable. In most cases promo windows open and close to apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.