Search

New NS out of AMA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP; Hyatt Diamond
New NS out of AMA?

Anyone know of a new NS from AMA?

Not sure what else they would be announcing? We need an easterly flight out of this town. Fingers crossed!

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...-of-partnering
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:44 am

All it says is “major value added enhancement” - personally I doubt that’s a new route but who knows. At the same time, not really sure what value added enhancement means either.

If they were adding something, I’d imagine it’s got to be PHX or DEN (and apparently AAs PHX flight is struggling on an RJ, so I doubt it’ll be that)
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by jk88usa
All it says is “major value added enhancement” - personally I doubt that’s a new route but who knows. At the same time, not really sure what value added enhancement means either.

If they were adding something, I’d imagine it’s got to be PHX or DEN (and apparently AAs PHX flight is struggling on an RJ, so I doubt it’ll be that)
I'm thinking the same. Flyby lane for A-list? Self tagging bags? I'm not sure what AMA has already but probably something along those lines. Route wise I don't see anything other than DEN or maybe HOU.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

There is a precheck line that is rarely open. I think flyby is unlikely. As far as self tagging that would be a joke as the lines are rarely long.

The coty page says to join for a new service announcement. Again, service could be route or self tagging. I’ll report back after the announcement tomorrow...

As an aside, used to have a DEN but it went away after wright. United services DEN and IAH. HOU would be nice but Lubbock doesn’t even have that. AUS is all we don’t have over LBB and via air recently started an AUS...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:40 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

I don't see anything on swamedia.com. What transpired this afternoon?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
The announcement was a direct, no plane change flight to Austin from Amarillo:

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...-from-amarillo
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, guess they just wanted the media hype. This isn’t news. They have done this before incidentally, but I guess they will do this as a for certain now.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by chuckworth
The announcement was a direct, no plane change flight to Austin from Amarillo:

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...-from-amarillo

Wow. And guess how many people will think that is the same as a non-stop?

Sure, no change of planes, but you still have an extra takeoff and landing. Lucky people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.