Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else get the DomesticAirClass email?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Anyone else get the DomesticAirClass email?

I may sign up for it here but with southwest agreeing to pay $15 million and the lawyers getting most of it I am guess I may get a buck or two if I am lucky.

A class action lawsuit has been filed against the four largest commercial air passenger carriers in the United States—American Airlines, Inc., Delta Air Lines, Inc., Southwest Airlines Co., and United Airlines, Inc. (collectively, “Defendants”), claiming that Defendants, along with US Airways and Continental Airlines, conspired to increase fares by limiting capacity on domestic flights.Southwest has agreed to pay $15 million and American has agreed to pay $45 million to settle this nationwide litigation. Southwest and American have also agreed, as part of the Settlements, to provide certain cooperation to Plaintiffs in this litigation. Southwest and American deny that they did anything wrong and have asserted defenses to Plaintiffs’ claims. They have settled to avoid the considerable cost, burden, and distraction of this litigation.The Settlements are on behalf of persons and entities who purchased air passenger transportation services for flights within the United States and its territories and the District of Columbia from American, Delta, Southwest, United, Continental, or US Airways at any time between July 1, 2011 and December 20, 2017 for the Southwest Settlement and between July 1, 2011 and June 14, 2018 for the American Settlement.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I signed up for it.

I'm excitedly awaiting my $5 off* coupon.

*Must book through special OTA website. 21-day advance purchase and Saturday night stay required. Valid on fare bases Y, B, M, and U. Not eligible for frequent-flier earnings. Non-refundable, non-changeable. Outbound must be on a Tuesday between 6PM and 10PM. Valid only for flights to Alabama, Mississippi, or West Virginia. No upgrades permitted. Requires 90-minute timeshare preview. Hard credit check required. Booking fee applies. Must provide proof of travel insurance or purchase from agent. Flight booked may be replaced with alternate of comparable value.
joshua362, msglsmo and lowmiles like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Yes, received 1 a couple of weeks ago and another yesterday. Deleted both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.