Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Flight booked on points - cancelling and taxes not being refunded to card?

Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:42 am
Original Poster

I have a bunch of flights I booked using my rapid reward points last month (WGA fares). When I'm cancelling - there's no more option to refund to card - it forces me to hold for future use.
Has something changed with Southwest's policy? I never changed the itineraries, as I know the "newer" system would render your fee non-refundable to card if you made a flight change. Anyone experiencing this or did I miss a change in policy? It's going to be pretty annoying to have tons of $5.60 credits.

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by uclagee
I have a bunch of flights I booked using my rapid reward points last month (WGA fares). When I'm cancelling - there's no more option to refund to card - it forces me to hold for future use.
Has something changed with Southwest's policy? I never changed the itineraries, as I know the "newer" system would render your fee non-refundable to card if you made a flight change. Anyone experiencing this or did I miss a change in policy? It's going to be pretty annoying to have tons of $5.60 credits.

Thanks!
Was the original form of payment a gift card or TTFs?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Yes, original payment was a normal credit card for the $5.60 in fees.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:34 am

Hmm was going to ask if you changed the flight, but you already are aware of that. Seems very odd, did the times change for the flight or anything that would require SW to make it a revenue flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.