Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest uses the same new Boeing plane in Indonesia crash

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest uses the same new Boeing plane in Indonesia crash

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by ursine1
You really need to read some more about what actually happens when MCAS is triggered.
In two cases, the plane crashed and hundreds of people died when the MCAS was triggered. @:-)
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
CNN.COM
Updated 5:11 PM ET, Sun June 2, 2019

Boeing says some of its 737 Max planes may have defective parts
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by steved5480

Well that's certainly one way to describe it. Truth be told they've had serious issues with their delivery of the tanker aircraft for USAF with not even basic checks performed prior to delivery.

That it affects the NG complicates easier one for one swaps of leased aircraft.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<redacted again, because I am very slow today>

Last edited by DenverBrian; Jun 3, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
My point is, if you want to quote an article, put it in quotes and attribute it the first time, or start with "In a PBS Frontline, here is what Mary Schiavo said...". Don't try to pass it off as verbatim wording and/or facts of your own. <shrugs>
I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I think you're confused about who posted what.

My comment was a reply to

seat7a.speedbird2.030828

Who had posted:

Flash back to yesterday, post #367 by ursine1. The link he copied leads to an extremely interesting article. By Bloomberg. But posted by ursine1 from Crain's Chicago Business.

Chicago.

ursine1, please comment, as to why you chose the Crain's posting? simply happenstance?
So... not me you're responding to, I suspect.

LegalTender likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ursine1
I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I think you're confused about who posted what.

My comment was a reply to

seat7a.speedbird2.030828

Who had posted:

So... not me you're responding to, I suspect.

You're correct and I apologize. I was trying to respond to post #377 and LegalTender's defense of that post in post #379 .

Your post #383 is out of sequence because you didn't quote Speedbird in post #383 . So I blame you.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
You're correct and I apologize. I was trying to respond to post #377 and LegalTender's defense of that post in post #379 .

Your post #383 is out of sequence because you didn't quote Speedbird in post #383 . So I blame you.
Ok, fair enough.

In my defense, I think I started composing my post and then got on a call or was otherwise distracted, and by then you'd had time to post in between.

(For what it's worth, I just edited it to clarify for latecomers to the conversation.)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Boeing lawyers up, bigly.

Boeing turns to high-powered defense attorneys in 737 MAX investigation

As Boeing responds to a federal criminal investigation related to the 737 MAX, the company has assembled a deeply connected defense team headed by one attorney who represented Vice President Mike Pence in the Russian interference investigation, another who has served as the nation’s deputy attorney general and a third who played a central role in the Russian probe and the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:41 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This person compared the investigation to the Justice Department’s probe of Volkswagen, which led to criminal charges in an emissions scandal.
VW intended to build vehicles exceeding emission limits. Boeing did not intend to build unsafe aircraft. I'm no lawyer, but that's not the same at all.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:15 am

I think the answer to "What did Boeing know and when did they know it?" is still to be determined.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Boeing delayed fix of defective 737 MAX warning light for three years: U.S. lawmakers

Boeing decided in November 2017 to defer a software update to correct the so-called AOA Disagree alert defect until 2020, three years after discovering the flaw, U.S. Congressmen Peter DeFazio and Rick Larsen said in a press release on Friday. Boeing only accelerated this schedule after the Lion Air accident in Indonesia, they added.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

The FAA says Boeing's troubled 737 Max may not fly again until December — far later than many expected
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I predict that in 2019 many fewer male babies will be named "Max".
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I have some very mixed feelings about this situation. I have read many of the long articles about the actions of Boeing leading up to the 2 crashes.

My mixed feelings are; 1) Boeing is a very important company in the US economy and their economic health is important to us 2) Boeing doesn't care about us - they only care about succeeding.

I have decided that (2) outweighs (1) and I will be doing the only thing that I am capable of doing to hurt Boeing. I will not be flying the Max planes anytime soon. I am not concerned about a plane I am on crashing. I am fairly confident that if the pilot is OK, the plane is OK. However, my boycott will be my small part in telling Boeing that they are bad people.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by nsx
I predict that in 2019 many fewer male babies will be named "Max".
I'm currently shopping around for another boy name and it won't be Max for sure...
copperred likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.