Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AList + pulls A-43?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
AList + pulls A-43?

Weird thing happened today.... wife is A-List Preferred and pulled an A-43 BP number.

I don't think she's been higher than A-22, ever.

Must have a lot of elites travelling from SMF to DAL Monday morning.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:45 pm

Cool.
jhalapin likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:21 pm

Assuming she made no changes within t-36, it's always possible she's a victim of the dreaded Southwest "glitch." (Although it's completely possible there are just lots of A-Listers on the flight. Membership increases progressing towards the end of the calendar year.)
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ursine1
Assuming she made no changes within t-36, it's always possible she's a victim of the dreaded Southwest "glitch." (Although it's completely possible there are just lots of A-Listers on the flight. Membership increases progressing towards the end of the calendar year.)
Yep, just a datapoint. She was able to snatch a BS seat (A4) for the upgrade fee this morning so she still got her exit window seat

Just thought it was weird.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:22 am

I'm A list preferred and usually get mid A50s on SJC > SNA Thursday evening.
jhalapin likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Their algorithm for assigning seats must be changing.

When I flew often and occasionally upgraded to BS I would get A16 or A17 in almost every city but Dallas and Houston. Not upgrading to BS cost me a spot or so. I just don't ever remember getting anything NOT in the first row of A boarders except maybe in Texas. Now at A list so any Axx seat looks good out of Dallas.

I suspect that the Monday morning flight was full of heavy travelers.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Texas Booster
Their algorithm for assigning seats must be changing.

When I flew often and occasionally upgraded to BS I would get A16 or A17 in almost every city but Dallas and Houston. Not upgrading to BS cost me a spot or so. I just don't ever remember getting anything NOT in the first row of A boarders except maybe in Texas. Now at A list so any Axx seat looks good out of Dallas.

I suspect that the Monday morning flight was full of heavy travelers.
Yep. She was able to upgrade at the gate in SMF and got A-3 so she got her exit row, but I suspect you are correct about lots of elites travelling to a hub on a monday morning.

Thursday out of DAL back to SMF she pulled A-22 for a 2PM flight, same as always.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.