Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

What and When Exactly Happen in WN's Internal System When You No Show a WGA Fare Res

What and When Exactly Happen in WN's Internal System When You No Show a WGA Fare Res

Old Oct 24, 18, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire

I'm curious exactly when it happens and what happens in WN's internal computer system, when you no show a WGA fare? And who is authorized to reverse a no show?

I imagine that their system may have some sort of logic to accommodate the 2 hour flat tire rule? In other words, is there a sort of grace period in time before the system voids out the funds associated witha no show WGA ticket? If so, how long is this grace period?

And if the system does void out the funds through some sort of business rule automation workflow, , can any CSA, any CSS, or only the WN internal ATO help desk (Source of support," go in to the system and un-void the ticket to put it back in an open status if you will so that the customer may be reaccommodated on a later flight?
Old Oct 24, 18, 2:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Tit Forever, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR, Covid-19
Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
... is there a sort of grace period in time before the system voids out the funds associated witha no show WGA ticket?
Single data point, and it's worth what you'd paid for it, but in 2016 I woke up around 6am remembering in a panic I hadn't cancelled a (fairly-expensive) WGA for around 7(?)pm the night before. Immediately logged in and used the PRN to book another ticket (just picked a destination out of the blue) and was successful.

HOWEVER, a month ago I'd forgotten to cancel a $39 fare and got an E-mail two hours to the minute telling me I'd No-Showed and my funds were forfeit. I didn't try using it right afterwards to verify, due to the price and my not being near my tablet at the time.
Old Oct 24, 18, 8:22 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Hilton and Choice hotels primarily.
This question would better posted to somewhere they might know your answers.
Old Oct 24, 18, 8:25 pm

... which would be? (Serious question, we do have a few WN insiders here)
ursine1 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 18, 3:14 am

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Hilton and Choice hotels primarily.
No we don’t. We have some FA’s and a former operations guy who never posts anymore, neither of which would know these answers.
Old Oct 25, 18, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 View Post
No we donít ...
I think we have a new rep now.
Old Oct 25, 18, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kennycrudup View Post
Old rep returning.
Old Oct 25, 18, 1:18 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by kennycrudup View Post
HOWEVER, a month ago I'd forgotten to cancel a $39 fare and got an E-mail two hours to the minute telling me I'd No-Showed and my funds were forfeit. I didn't try using it right afterwards to verify, due to the price and my not being near my tablet at the time.
I think all we need to know is what happens if you show up at T+1.9 hours

Is the BP given easily or is there a lot of keyboard pounding or phone calling?

It would be nice to know if the customer could use it online within the 2 hour window, you blew it Kenny!
Old Oct 25, 18, 1:34 pm

I spec-buy flights all the time; I would know for sure Monday as I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay another day, but that WGA is fairly expensive and I wouldn't want to risk it. Next time there's another $29/$39 fare sale I'll do it then (and I'd be highly surprised if the King of Sale Fares @nsx doesn't already have a datapoint on this).

Hold, please!
Old Oct 25, 18, 2:20 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist Lite; United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
I think all we need to know is what happens if you show up at T+1.9 hours

Is the BP given easily or is there a lot of keyboard pounding or phone calling?

It would be nice to know if the customer could use it online within the 2 hour window, you blew it Kenny!
I was 45 minutes late Monday. It worked just fine. There may have been a phone call involved, but it took no longer than a typical flight change. The routine is that if the new flight has plenty of empty seats they dispense with standby and just give me boarding pass, which saves us both time.

Years ago (before the funds confiscation policy and before A-list priority for standby) I once missed a flight by 4 hours. The gate agent put me on standby with no pleading for an exception necessary. This is the routine level of service from Southwest. On any other airline, it would be remarkable.
steved5480 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: