Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can gate agents use kick tail tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite

Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:51 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
I'm not 100% certain what you are asking, but, Kick Tails are an employee focused rewards program. When an Employee is awarded a Kick Tail they 1. get the acknowledgement of a job well done, and 2. can use that Kick Tail to enter a drawing for cash and prizes.

The program is open to all Employees.
nsx, fiuchris, kennycrudup and 1 others like this.

Last edited by SWAVictor; Oct 22, 2018 at 3:52 pm Reason: corrected typo
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by SWAVictor
I'm not 100% certain what you are asking, but, Kick Tails are an employee focused rewards program. When an Employee is awarded a Kick Tail they 1. get the acknowledgement of a job well done, and 2. can use that Kick Tail to enter a drawing for cash and prizes.

The program is open to all Employees.
Thanks. That exactly answered my question.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:00 pm

Glad I could help!
steved5480 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: WN A+, CP, HH Diamond, National EE
How does a customer go about receiving the kick tail tix to hand out? I received a set of 10 one time about 3 years ago. Do I just need to ask for them? Who would I ask? Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
Do WN employees value these? I've gotten a polite response when I've asked, but what's the truth?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by twitch76
It's been answered by corporate already, but I just had to chime in with a "very much so". A GA did me a solid once and she was very happy to get hers.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday
How does a customer go about receiving the kick tail tix to hand out? I received a set of 10 one time about 3 years ago. Do I just need to ask for them? Who would I ask? Thanks.
I got a batch just after requalifying for A-list. They came with the blue plastic RR card.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday
How does a customer go about receiving the kick tail tix to hand out?
I get a set of 8 annually with my A-List Preferred requal.

I tend to use them as "super drink coupons" on long flights; if I've been the recipient of an FA's generosity I'll give them one as we're deplaning, or if I'm (running) out of them I'll offer one at the beginning ("I've heard these work, too?").

They love it when I call 'em "Kick-Asses", BTW
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boulderlaw
Do WN employees value these? I've gotten a polite response when I've asked, but what's the truth?
The gate agents who handled my 5-hr IRROPS in BOI yesterday seemed appreciative.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: SW Comp Pass, Lft Gold AA, Lft DIA HHONORS, National Exec Elite
I gave one to a gate agent once based on her assistance on getting me onto an earlier flight home after a routing snafu. Based on her reaction to it, I would guess that they must have some real value internally.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MacGuruTX
I gave one to a gate agent once based on her assistance on getting me onto an earlier flight home after a routing snafu. Based on her reaction to it, I would guess that they must have some real value internally.
My understanding is that it goes on their record, and they can use them to enter monthly drawings.

Mostly, I suspect that this communicates recognition/appreciation for a job that is often under-appreciated.

Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by boulderlaw
Maybe it depends on the employee's position; maybe FAs get them more than GAs or Check-In Agents so they're more blase' about them? Which did you ask?

FWIW, one FA (after getting one as a "Super Drink Coupon") seemed to imply that "something had changed" recently (as of 07/18), though.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:37 pm

Good Afternoon All - sorry for the delay, for most of the day our firewall decided I couldn't access Flyertalk.

Kick Tails are distributed to A-List and A-List preferred Customers at qualification/requal. I know that additional Kick Tails can be requested, and I saw the "how" yesterday when originally responding and cannot find it at this moment.
Will follow up when I have the have info (firewall permitting)

The value to an Employee varies by Employee, as with all things some Employees will appreciate them more than others.
As suggested by kennycrudup, Customer contact Employees may receive them more frequently than a Headquarters Employee like myself - although we can award them to each other internally as well.

Also, it is an opt-in program, as there are tax implications for any prizes won - so some Employees may choose not to opt-in to the drawings and as such might be less appreciative, although, it still serves as a "job well done" so I would never shy away from giving one.

They do go on our record as a commendation, they do count as entry into monthly and yearly cash and prize drawings(if opted in), and they do communicate recognition!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: WN A+, CP, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by SWAVictor
Good Afternoon All - sorry for the delay, for most of the day our firewall decided I couldn't access Flyertalk.

Kick Tails are distributed to A-List and A-List preferred Customers at qualification/requal. I know that additional Kick Tails can be requested, and I saw the "how" yesterday when originally responding and cannot find it at this moment.
Will follow up when I have the have info (firewall permitting)
I contacted WN via twitter yesterday, and the rep said they will mail some to me. That is great. However, even though I have re-qualified for A-List and A-List Preferred for the last 4 years, I have only received them upon requalification one time, about 3 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.