New confirmation email format

Old Oct 13, 18, 9:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, Interstate BBQ at MEM B17, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
New confirmation email format

Some time between October 8 and October 11 the format of Southwest's emails changed. I find the new format to be more attractive, but I haven't noticed any new or deleted information elements. The first name and date are at the beginning of the Subject line, which is an improvement.

The one change in my usage is that used to search my email for 23NOV18 to find all reservations for that date. The new format requires a search for 11/23/2018.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 18, 10:58 am

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
Problems Recording New Format

The new format doesn't record properly when I forward the email to Tripit. I have to manually enter the date and then select the route. As a person that travels every week this new change will make my southwest travels more time consuming.as I forward all travel resveration to trip who in turns updates my calender.

Looks like southwest is not using the industry norm for formatting their emails.
Old Oct 14, 18, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by goghd View Post
The new format doesn't record properly when I forward the email to Tripit. I have to manually enter the date and then select the route. As a person that travels every week this new change will make my southwest travels more time consuming.as I forward all travel resveration to trip who in turns updates my calender.

Looks like southwest is not using the industry norm for formatting their emails.
let triplet know. Most likely they parse the emails based on the airline format. They may simply need to update their softwate.
Old Oct 15, 18, 3:49 pm

Programs: MPG LTPP, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN ALP, CLEAR
Yeah, I pinged "[email protected]" last week, they said they're going to start working on it.