seat saving

Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:37 pm

saving seats

Originally Posted by dmbolp
And that lie probably doesn't stop some folks for sitting in that seat
Answer depends on the person's attitude with me. They get the bathroom answer if they are being an a-hole. They get the seat is being saved if they are nice. I fly twice per month on SW. I do sit about mid way down or further back in the plane. That way folks who really need to sit up front that might be trying to catch a connection can get off faster. Wife always gets b or c. I sit in aisle save the middle. Then when she is walking down the aisle and she sees me, iI then move over to the middle. seat.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by twitch76

But I’m amazed that people would be willing to sell their integrity for a seat on an airplane.
I'm amazed some people can be such complete a$$holes over seat on an airplane.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I'm amazed some people can be such complete a$$holes over seat on an airplane.
It is not just on the plane. In the waiting area yesterday, about 25% of the seats in my gate area were "saved" with various carryons, shopping bags, and other stuff. I ended up three gates away to find an un-saved seat.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
It is not just on the plane. In the waiting area yesterday, about 25% of the seats in my gate area were "saved" with various carryons, shopping bags, and other stuff. I ended up three gates away to find an un-saved seat.
Grow a pair and ask them to move their stuff if it's that important to you. Or sulk away and find some other seat if you prefer. It's YOUR choice.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Grow a pair and ask them to move their stuff if it's that important to you. Or sulk away and find some other seat if you prefer. It's YOUR choice.
It's not that important. It was just an observation.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Allan38103
no people who take up three seats in the waiting areas are rude arseholes. It’s not about the person getting shut out of a seat it’s about the whole me me me attitude we see everywhere, with people who lack consideration for others.
ursine1 and MrsWLV like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by 315sierra
i do not support animals of any kind on the plane. All of them should go in the cargo hold. (unless your legally blind, but size of dog has to be restricted for safety issues. Dog only.
Whether you support animals on a plane or not has no effect on anything other than the amount of angst you self-inflict. Since you don’t make the rules/laws/regulations, this is really a non-issue.
screeton and DCP2016 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
<obligatory Kenny "I sit in the back and have no idea WTH y'all are all talking about" post>
nsx and InkUnderNails like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:33 am

My wife and I fly Southwest because we have lots of points. Due to my stupidly forgetting to check in at T-24 we have had to sit apart on the plane for 3 hours. It was not a problem. Southwest's policy is not going to change no matter how long this thread is. Just live with it or fly another airline. Where you sit on a plane is no big deal. If you can't sit next to your travel partner it is not the end of the world.
birdiedouble likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.