Cancel a flight question

Old Sep 22, 18, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Cancel a flight question

Hello,

Flying from MKE to TPA roundtrip. Bought the tickets with miles. Flying there is not issue. However, we may purchase a vehicle and drive back but won't know 100% sure about the vehicle until the day of that we fly back. If I cancel the portion of my trip the day I am supposed to fly, will they credit me back my miles?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 18, 6:54 am

Yes. Just call or cancel online. Points are immediately refunded back into the RR account.
Old Sep 22, 18, 7:21 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Yup...any fare on WN is fully refundable when purchased on points.

If you think you may do that, call customer service and have them split each leg to its own PNR essentially making it into two one way trips. Will be clear that way.
Old Sep 23, 18, 2:58 am

FYI: Points bookings don't actually have to be cancelled to receive a refund, as they are not subject to the no-show policy. Common courtesy is to cancel at least 10 minutes prior to departure (the general policy for all bookings on Southwest).
Old Sep 25, 18, 1:25 pm

Southwest has a 24 hours cancellation policy for any ticket right? If I book a flight now and plan change within 24 hrs, I can cancel and get a full refund on my credit card? Thanks! Havent flown southwest in 18 years!

*sorry op, dont mean to hijack your thread. Didnt wanna start a new thread.

Last edited by Keflyer; Sep 25, 18 at 2:21 pm
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Keflyer View Post
Southwest has a 24 hours cancellation policy for any ticket right? If I book a flight now and plan change within 24 hrs, I can cancel and get a full refund on my credit card? Thanks! Havent flown southwest in 18 years!

*sorry op, dont mean to hijack your thread. Didnt wanna start a new thread.

Yes. Just don't make any changes to the itinerary before cancelling. And be sure to request the refund (not travel funds).
Old Sep 25, 18, 3:08 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: