Wiki Posts
Search

Pre - Board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
Pre - Board

Yesterday on a flight from PBI to ISP there were more pre - boarders than people in the A line. I love the miracle of Southwest. ALL of them
ran off the plane at our destination. The first few were standing on there own with no help for an hour before boarding. Apparently they can stand for an hour but need
to board early? Here is the boxed response from SW: "While many of our Customers have disabilities that are not necessarily visible or restricted to a specific age group (e.g., diseases that cause blood clots, epilepsy, autism, etc.), we apologize for any frustration, -Nicole" Diseases are a cause for pre-boarding? Which disease causes Autism?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:14 am

Where did you wind up sitting?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Meh, probably some who abuse it, but the canned response is the correct answer. You have no idea what those people are dealing with, and many who qualify for pre-boarding could look outwardly healthy. Plus, if I’m WN, I’m going to pretty loosely enforce it as I don’t want to put my agents in the position of uncomfortably arguing medical conditions with people, just isn’t worth it.

I have two buddies that pre board on WN regurarly, one has family who is deaf so when traveling together they are able to preboard everyone on the reservation. Another buddy has a history of blood clotting so he pre boards to guarantee an aisle seat. He is a young guy and very physically fit so I’m sure he garners suspicions when pre boarding.

TribalistMeathead likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
And in other breaking news, the sun came up.
joshua362 and lougord99 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:17 am

This is my primary route that I fly. The amount of pre-boarders and wheelchairs are ridiculous at PBI. Granted I see some people that look 100 years old in wheelchairs, I get that. But it amazes me how they need 30 wheelchairs to board the plane but when they arrive only 3 wheel chairs are required? Southwest is the airline of healers. There have been times when I family board and there are easily over 100 people on the plane by then. Ridiculous.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:19 am

Also let me add that line is nothing. I have seen that line turn like it did and go all the way back toward the gate on the opposite side (I think a United gate IIRC?)
Blitzjb likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:29 am

Personally, recording these people getting on the plane and running off the plane would be more proof of how hilarious this stuff is.

Last edited by jeffandnicole; Sep 12, 2018 at 9:47 am
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Flew ORF-BWI on Saturday. After loading 8 wheelchairs, the gate agent said "just so nobody is confused, we are going to BWI-not Florida." Not everyone got it, but it was funny.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I was trying to get everyone on line to applaud them... The whole process should be a reality show.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Blitzjb
Yesterday on a flight from PBI to ISP there were more pre - boarders than people in the A line. I love the miracle of Southwest. ALL of them
ran off the plane at our destination. The first few were standing on there own with no help for an hour before boarding. Apparently they can stand for an hour but need
to board early?
their*
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Pre-boarding should be banned at PBI.
Blitzjb likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Pre-boarding should be banned at PBI.
I am going to turn it around and suggest maybe its an East Coast thing. The plane is going to ISP.... All those people are probably current or former New Yorkers.

I recently flew MDW-MCO round trip and was on the lookout for pre-boarders after reading so many dire warnings here on the forum. There were exactly three on the way down, and just one on the way back north. Biggest single category of passengers were girl's softball teams from various Midwest colleges.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camaross
their*
You - Your - you're - is - am - an Idiot
Clamqueen likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Those South Florida flights are commonly known as the miracle flights.
Clamqueen and Blitzjb like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
I am going to turn it around and suggest maybe its an East Coast thing. The plane is going to ISP.... All those people are probably current or former New Yorkers.

I recently flew MDW-MCO round trip and was on the lookout for pre-boarders after reading so many dire warnings here on the forum. There were exactly three on the way down, and just one on the way back north. Biggest single category of passengers were girl's softball teams from various Midwest colleges.
I used to think this way being an ISP flyer and very familiar with the LI/NY/NJ gotta get ahead of you 'tude but one of the highest wheelchair parades I ever saw was a DEN-SEA leg (that took me 2 other legs just to get there so I doubt they were NYers). Even the FA's were commenting. As well as seeing 2 able bodied men pre-board I ended up talking with in the mosh pit of a concert the following night...

To add insult to injury there are many elderly out there that are too proud to take advantage when they should or feel that they would be taking it away from someone who needs it more...

Last edited by joshua362; Sep 15, 2018 at 7:39 am Reason: clarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.