Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre - Board

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes. I am not sure why this needed yet another thread to join the dozens of others raising the same issue. Hopefully the Mods will be along to merge this into one of the others.

The problem is centered on the fact that WN cannot lawfully deny a person who claims that they require pre-boarding as the result of a disability, even if the Ops agent is an MD. Couple that with WN's failure to provide seat assignments and there becomes a reason to claim a disability.

It is a flaw in the business model of which WN and its passengers are well aware and for which there is no good solution beyond a change in the law (which would work to the disadvantage of people with hidden disabilities).
Old May 1, 2019, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
Family boarding is non-sense....make them all sit in the back of the plane....They can run around Disney, but need to pre-board?
Make the fake wheelchair people get off the plane last
No need for a person with a fake therapy dog in a pocketbook to pre-board.

It is all non-sense.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
How is this any different than your other thread about pre-boarders? Kudos though, for using a new picture this time.

Pre - Board
NextTrip likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:52 am

By the way, if that's PBI (seems to be since it looks like the same gate as in your other thread), I bet none of those people walked for hours at Disney.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
It does appear to be PBI which very likely has the highest percentage of pre-boarders of any airport in the world.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
How is this any different than your other thread about pre-boarders? Kudos though, for using a new picture this time.

By the way, if that's PBI (seems to be since it looks like the same gate as in your other thread), I bet none of those people walked for hours at Disney.
Pointless to re-litigate.

Your accompanying MDW-MCO 'pre-board' anecdote forever shifted the Disney paradigm.

There were exactly three on the way down, and just one on the way back north.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender

Your accompanying MDW-MCO 'pre-board' anecdote forever shifted the Disney paradigm.
And that's a good thing, I think. But I'm sure I could pick different dates or times and see many, many more pre-boarders. I just ignore them.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:12 am

But I'm sure I could pick different dates or times and see many, many more pre-boarders.
And you would agree DL/UA/AA/B6 forums do not reflect MCO pre-board abuse exists in anything approaching such volumes?
Old May 2, 2019, 6:04 am
Original Poster

many were carrying Disney merch. Alll trips begin and end at bubbies house so she can pay for the trip.
joshua362 likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

It should be a reality show
Old May 2, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Blitzjb
It should be a reality show
Including lots of judgemental comments from clueless bystanders.

I'd never watch it, but it would be huge.
JMorgana likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:13 pm

I think everyone complaining about Pre-Boarders has no faith! Each and every Southwest Flight is a spiritual experience as people that need a wheelchair to board are suddenly able to move up the jetway at an amazing pace.
The FA's must be ordained as all they have to do is incant the magical words "There are no wheelchairs in the jetway, if you need a wheelchair please remain seated" and even more are cured!
Amen
Old May 3, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by disalex
I think everyone complaining about Pre-Boarders has no faith! ...Amen
Miracle Flights began shortly after Jesus walked the Earth. Flying to Florida

Or at least when WN monetized the boarding sequence.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:41 pm

That is definitely PBI and not Orlando. And those are preboarders, not family boarding. I fly this airport all the time.

The preboarders at PBI are ridiculous. 30+ wheelchairs on. Only 5 wheelchairs need to get off. :facepalm:

Old May 4, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Blitzjb
Family boarding is non-sense....make them all sit in the back of the plane....They can run around Disney, but need to pre-board?
Make the fake wheelchair people get off the plane last
No need for a person with a fake therapy dog in a pocketbook to pre-board.

It is all non-sense.
  1. Families using family boarding don't preboard.
  2. How do you know someone is a "fake wheelchair person?"
  3. As soon as ignorance becomes a legal disability, you'll be able to preboard, so you've got that going for you at least.
Originally Posted by ave1024
That is definitely PBI and not Orlando. And those are preboarders, not family boarding. I fly this airport all the time.

The preboarders at PBI are ridiculous. 30+ wheelchairs on. Only 5 wheelchairs need to get off. :facepalm:

There's no doubt that some people abuse preboarding. That doesn't mean, however, that someone using a wheelchair to board and not using one to get off, isn't legally disabled and more importantly, needs to preboard. The jet bridge is what, 100 feet long give or take? The curb or parking to the plane is what, 2 - 3 times that if you are at MCI, and easily 2 or 3 thousand feet at many airports and even longer at others. I wonder why someone wouldn't need a wheelchair to go 100 feet from the plane to the gate where they can sit, ride a golf cart, wait for the wheelchair that was supposed to be at the door of the plane, etc, but they would need a wheelchair to go the half mile or so from the car to the plane?

I suppose that while using a wheelchair can make a person's hidden disability visible, words can do the same thing for the ignorant. At least there's that to be thankful for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.